Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Music
« Topic Start: July 23, 2012, 05:06:08 AM »
Man, this is so good: http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/-/7864196

Someone sue Grooveshark since they're too awesome.  They shouldn't exist. 8)

Also, if anyone likes Touhou songs, enjoy this collection of almost all the songs https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KWIfu-fe8inCM4cY03X4SJF5oyaTBcJCJ6ygrv5k1CA
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:10:05 AM by Foundation »
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Music
« Reply #1: August 05, 2012, 05:55:37 PM »
Does anyone else use grooveshark?  It's ridiculously good and surprisingly legal.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 05, 2012, 06:53:53 PM »
Does anyone else use grooveshark?  It's ridiculously good and surprisingly legal.

Yeah I do. No complaints :)

egamma

« Reply #3: August 06, 2012, 05:42:29 PM »
I use it to listen to the Mechwarrior 2 soundtracks.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #4: August 06, 2012, 06:37:36 PM »
Do you have a good playlist you can share? :)

egamma

« Reply #5: August 06, 2012, 10:51:45 PM »

Jim

« Reply #6: August 08, 2012, 03:29:22 AM »
Bone Thugs N Harmony.

I'm adapting their songs to the acoustic guitar, which has been the most fun I've ever had playing music in my 10 years of experience.

Nuff said.

egamma

« Reply #7: August 08, 2012, 05:03:59 PM »
Bone Thugs N Harmony.

I'm adapting their songs to the acoustic guitar, which has been the most fun I've ever had playing music in my 10 years of experience.

Nuff said.

That sounds hilarious.

Jim

« Reply #8: August 08, 2012, 07:54:32 PM »

That sounds hilarious.

I guess it can be, people do laugh when I play 1st of tha Month but honestly it has nothing to do with getting a laugh. I was seeking a challenge in music, and covering hiphop can be challenging should you cover songs by talented groups and artists. What does make me laugh is the fact that when I first started playing music, I started with learning old Irish folk songs and gradually learned more types of folk music from around the world, but here I am now playing music that is the polar-opposite of folk. After awhile, I just got bored and began to lose my passion for music, but then I learned to play 1st of tha Month and I've been really enjoying music again. Funny how that works.

Does anyone play any instruments?

I've always thought about writing songs revolving around the world of BM and recording them. I think it would be cool if other musicians in BM did the same, or even collaborated to write songs. It would bring another element to the game, and the cultures we create within it.

Zakilevo

« Reply #9: August 16, 2012, 12:43:00 AM »

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 16, 2012, 09:04:43 AM »
Any Bluegrass or Folk fans?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 16, 2012, 09:45:57 AM »
Ello, fellow musician! I've been playing guitar, piano, and violin on and off since I was 9. Same with singing. The only thing I've done consistently is write poetry, stories, and lyrics. My desktop is absolutely covered in text files, same with my phone, from songs and random tidbits I write.

I think its very interesting that you're bringing Hip-Hop to guitar. I am not a fan of Hip-Hop, only enjoying select pieces of the more old-school variety, but I've seen many attempts at making Classical variants of popular music - which I very much enjoy. I think the piano, violin, and cello are very adaptable instruments that can do a hell of a lot more than is advertised. The guitar, especially electric guitar with its maelstrom of effects, follows the same logic. My roommate is a guitarist for some indie/glam rock band called Starbolt 9. They used to perform under a different name I can't remember but they play all over the country. I've only ever gone to one show, about two weeks ago in Philadelphia. I don't like glam rock much and I !@#$ing hate indie rock but these guys were AWESOME live. Really got my musical juices flowing and spurned me to get back to playing guitar :-) I'm left-handed and don't have freakishly large hands with long alien fingers and thus have a bit of trouble in that department ;-) I'm more comfortable on the piano, honestly.

Do you ever upload your compositions and adaptations to youtube or some such?
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #12: August 16, 2012, 02:36:27 PM »
If you ever upload to youtube, make sure to post the link here! :)

Jim

« Reply #13: August 17, 2012, 09:45:04 AM »
Any Bluegrass or Folk fans?

Right here, that's what I started with.

If you ever upload to youtube, make sure to post the link here! :)

I'll be uploading in a week or so, I'll definitely post it here.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 17, 2012, 03:34:02 PM »
Right here, that's what I started with.

My brotha!  8)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)