Author Topic: IMPLEMENTED: Food deteoriation in the marketplace.  (Read 7893 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Food deteoriation in the marketplace.
« Reply #15: July 25, 2012, 09:47:24 PM »
Because granaries cost gold to buy and should provide some benefit.

But it really isn't that much more. Just enough that the market place is not a good place to store food that you don't actually intend to sell.

I agree, though sell orders are also not guaranteed food you'll get back.  Either way is fine if the difference is minute.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 25, 2012, 10:00:11 PM »
50/100? On Dwilight?!

And here I was selling food for 25 or 30 per, no wonder it disappeared so damn fast.

I believe that is the average, or slightly above average price. But it is currently winter, and when your city is starving...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 25, 2012, 10:10:14 PM »
I believe that is the average, or slightly above average price. But it is currently winter, and when your city is starving...
From what I have heard 50/100 to anyone is average right now because of the extended winter and lots of places starving or getting close but what was regular before that was about 30 with some at 35 and a few at 25/100.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #18: July 25, 2012, 10:21:35 PM »
won't this make it even harder for traders to match buy/sell orders?

It won't have any effect on brokering because the rot is applied when the offer expires, not while it sits in the marketplace.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 25, 2012, 10:41:26 PM »
It won't have any effect on brokering because the rot is applied when the offer expires, not while it sits in the marketplace.
I still think there will be an effect because that just makes the region lords not want to post until they have a buyer so they no they won't lose extra food. And if they know they have a buyer then they can just accept the buy offer, not post a sell offer. One way it could work for the trader is the trader says there is a buy offer in range of him but not the lord so if the lord posts, the trader will broker the deal but the issue is most the time traders don't have the region lords as contacts if its outside of the trader's realm.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 25, 2012, 11:09:39 PM »
They lose food anyway. Realistically and mechanically, grain is exposed to rot regardless of whether its in a granary, in a barn, in a cart/caravan, or anywhere else. Grain will rot - period.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 26, 2012, 12:09:18 AM »
Well before I continue arguing about it, could a dev say what the percentage of rot is per day in the market?
― G.K. Chesterton

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 26, 2012, 12:24:21 AM »
50/100? On Dwilight?!

And here I was selling food for 25 or 30 per, no wonder it disappeared so damn fast.

it's seasonal... prices will go up in winter when everyone is starving.
firefox

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 26, 2012, 01:04:38 AM »
I still think there will be an effect because that just makes the region lords not want to post until they have a buyer so they no they won't lose extra food. And if they know they have a buyer then they can just accept the buy offer, not post a sell offer. One way it could work for the trader is the trader says there is a buy offer in range of him but not the lord so if the lord posts, the trader will broker the deal but the issue is most the time traders don't have the region lords as contacts if its outside of the trader's realm.

Maybe tweak things so traders can contact lords/stewards within their trade distance?  If you can reach their granaries, why can't you reach them?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 26, 2012, 05:31:38 AM »
Maybe tweak things so traders can contact lords/stewards within their trade distance?  If you can reach their granaries, why can't you reach them?
I like it but from what I have heard about the message system it isn't going happen.
― G.K. Chesterton

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #25: July 26, 2012, 09:29:55 AM »
I'm pretty sure the food rot is balanced now. There are several other factors including capacity of the granaries and a small "rot-free" base amount that should make sure that rot is not a factor that you need to consider in whether or not putting food on the market.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #26: July 26, 2012, 09:30:48 AM »
Well before I continue arguing about it, could a dev say what the percentage of rot is per day in the market?

As I said: Slightly more than in the granary, slightly less than outside (i.e. when you've exceeded your granary storage capacity).