Author Topic: REJECTED: Royal Granary and Royal Treasury  (Read 23088 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Royal Granary and Royal Treasury
« Reply #60: July 27, 2012, 10:42:51 PM »
The region is the lord's, not the banker. Only the Lord should have that authority.

Fixed it.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: July 28, 2012, 02:30:46 AM »
The region is the lord's, not the banker. Only the banker should have that authority.

/banker//lord

A point of commerce can be seen as part of the government, and in a Monarchy, infrastructure (commerce, tax collection, roads) can be at the whim of the King or Queen.  If the region is the lords, then why do we send taxes to the crown?  I'd rather just not have royal tax collectors in my region if that's the case.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: July 28, 2012, 02:39:40 AM »
another side, but related thought - how about intercepting messages.  If I send a scout to an area with enemy troops, since all messages are sent via horse courier, there's a small chance that I can intercept and copy the message (any message sent to or from enemies in that region).  The courier would of course notify the recipient that the message was copied.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: July 28, 2012, 03:13:42 AM »
another side, but related thought - how about intercepting messages.  If I send a scout to an area with enemy troops, since all messages are sent via horse courier, there's a small chance that I can intercept and copy the message (any message sent to or from enemies in that region).  The courier would of course notify the recipient that the message was copied.
Same reason, people will distrust the message system and use other, OOC, messaging systems instead.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: July 28, 2012, 03:44:13 AM »
Thank you for all the ideas and contributions. I think this request has pretty much run its course. We will not be adding any kind of virtual granary, royal granary, or royal treasury. Please move other conversations (fake messages, etc.) to a separate thread in the development board.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.