Author Topic: OOC Behaviour  (Read 9392 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Behaviour
« Topic Start: July 26, 2012, 02:02:42 AM »
This is the message that prompted the one in the complaint.

"Out-of-Character from Atanamir of Umbar   (11 hours, 55 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (54 recipients)
Dear player of Caeranor Saegarus,

Perdan is a Saxon-free realm and we intend to keep it, since we don't accept any kind of clanning.

You have been twice deported from EC, please leave this realm.

You can respect this as player and leave or we will find a proper reason IG.

Thank you.

2012-03-27  Caeranor Saegarus  Began his career in Fontan.
2012-04-22  Caeranor Saegarus  Forcefully deported by a GameMaster to Far East.
2012-05-12  Caeranor Saegarus  Immigrated to East Continent.
2012-05-14  Caeranor Saegarus  Joined the realm of Fontan
2012-07-13  Caeranor Saegarus  Forcefully deported by a GameMaster to Beluaterra.
Alexandros Stavrou"

I'm as anti-Saxon as the next person, probably far more so, but I feel this Magistrate complaint goes too far.

I would agree.

In fact, I'm inclined to think Alexandros violated the SC right there. That's certainly not playing as with friends, seems like a public accusation of cheating, is an explicit pledge to take OOC matters IC, and is obviously exclusive.

I'd like to hear counterarguments, but the above message is just not acceptable.

Though I hasten to add, of course: that message is not acceptable to me, but the Magistrates would have to determine a precedent on if we would require a separate complaint to address it or not; and also though that message doesn't seem acceptable in any context, the question of whether Joseph Lant's actions are acceptable is, as noted, a separate one.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner