Author Topic: OOC Behaviour  (Read 9309 times)

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Behaviour
« Reply #15: July 26, 2012, 04:12:22 PM »
You can say their clans in every realm basically that has been established and held itself together for more than 4-5 years now. AT itself rarely changes I left 3 years ago and really I see little difference really... beside Darka finally wanting to assault ce alliance instead of being bought out by them.

Note* This isn't about whos clan is stronger than whos, it's about why is this player being singled out and it is complex.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 26, 2012, 06:07:02 PM »
Please keep this thread objective and on topic. Regarding the question at hand, without evidence of actual wrongdoing this case is groundless. A brief poll will be conducted to ensure that the Magistrates are in agreement on that fact.

Regarding the reporter, I would say that there are grounds for a Magistrate complaint against him, but I do not want to address that as part of this case and I believe it should be handled separately if at all. If someone feels strongly about it, they should open a separate case.

Edit: I mixed up my cases here. This case isn't quite groundless. Please continue to discuss.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:38:24 PM by Geronus »

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 31, 2012, 09:55:02 PM »
A verdict has been reached, and no IG enforcement actions are necessary. For anyone who desires to cite this case in the future, the final verdict was:

"The Magistrates find Joseph Lant not guilty of violating the Inalienable Rights or Social Contract in his outburst. It is not a crime to be frustrated, especially when other players have obviously violated the Social Contract against you: by threatening to take OOC issues IG, by blatantly excluding you from a realm for OOC reasons, by publicly accusing you of cheating, and by generally providing an unfriendly playing environment. The Magistrates are disappointed in the conduct of the player or players who chose to act this way, as it is out of line with the friendly playing atmosphere Battlemaster has tried to cultivate. As we have stated in previous rulings, we will not participate in anti-Saxon witch hunts, or allow accused "Saxons" to be subjected to the same exclusion of which they have been accused. Players in a long-standing realm with so much BM history like Perdan should know better."

Magistrates voted 4-0 in favor of the verdict.

This thread will remain open for a brief time to allow for any questions for clarification regarding the verdict.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

egamma

« Reply #18: July 31, 2012, 10:50:52 PM »
That's a pretty low vote, I thought that we needed 6 of 9 magistrates to reach a verdict?

(Note that I'm not objecting, just trying to clarify the rules)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 01, 2012, 07:51:54 AM »
That's a pretty low vote, I thought that we needed 6 of 9 magistrates to reach a verdict?

(Note that I'm not objecting, just trying to clarify the rules)

We've been operating on a "majority of votes cast."

If there had been any serious dissent among the Magistrates, we might have hunted up some more to vote. But as it was the case seemed pretty open-and-shut.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #20: August 01, 2012, 10:05:49 AM »
by publicly accusing you of cheating
I have to say, this is a fallacy.  Atanamir "accused" him of being a "Saxon" clanner.  Which has been established due to the fact that he WAS deported for being a Saxon clanner, no?

Perhaps Atanamir went a little far by outright telling him to leave, but is it truly wrong for players to tell people with a known and acknowledged history of cheating that such behavior won't be tolerated in the realm?  After all, the realm is a team and such behavior reflects poorly on them.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 01, 2012, 10:38:21 AM »
Telling them cheating isn't tolerated: perfectly fine.

Telling them to get out of your realm 'or else' because of prior offenses for which they've already been punished by the appropriate authorities: not fine.

egamma

« Reply #22: August 01, 2012, 02:43:27 PM »
Which has been established due to the fact that he WAS deported for being a Saxon clanner, no?

No, he was deported at random, more or less. It is entirely possible that one or two innocents were deported along with the clanners--read some of the other cases here for examples.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 01, 2012, 05:51:43 PM »
Furthermore, we are not tolerating further debate on the matter.

You can ask for clarification about the ruling, not make arguments against it. The debate is over.