Author Topic: Heroes and Death  (Read 3570 times)

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
Heroes and Death
« Topic Start: March 27, 2011, 06:40:42 AM »
Yesterday one of my Characters, who's a Hero, got wounded in battle. I was under the impression that this was supposed to be fatal, but instead its just acted like a normal wound (went from normal to serious)

Has there been a change to how Heroes work, or is this a bug?
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

egamma

Re: Heroes and Death
« Reply #1: March 27, 2011, 06:44:42 AM »
That's normal. Heros can get wounds. he might die, but he'll most likely fall in battle.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 27, 2011, 06:58:10 AM »
Unless they changed the way hero deaths work, a hero will first get wounded like any other noble. If he should get seriously wounded later in the battle, he'll die.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 27, 2011, 08:04:08 AM »
Ah, so basically its a case of me being a silly newbie :)
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #4: March 27, 2011, 02:01:55 PM »
No problem, Iltaran, we were all there at one time. :)

Heroes can die if they are sufficiently wounded, in battle or otherwise.  That is the extent of their "death possibility".
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #5: March 27, 2011, 03:28:41 PM »
There was a case not too long ago in Sirion where some hero got seriously wounded in battle. However, this is just hearsay because I wasn't in the battle, and the player claimed that. I don't remember who, but maybe someone in Sirion can confirm or refute.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #6: March 27, 2011, 07:46:03 PM »
Remember that "seriously wounded" is simply text now, as we have wound rates. :)

I'm not entirely sure, but if the situation you described happened it would be that he somehow was wounded enough to be considered "serious" but not enough to die.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #7: March 27, 2011, 08:06:01 PM »
This was on stable EC, so it could have been before the combat and wounding update. But was it possible for a hero to be seriously wounded in battle and not die according to the old code?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 28, 2011, 04:45:39 AM »
I can't recall seeing something like that. IF it happened, I assume it was due to a bug.