Author Topic: Travelling  (Read 3474 times)

Mosli

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Travelling
« Topic Start: July 26, 2012, 03:57:12 PM »
I joined the game a couple of days ago and started travelling from Remton to Nocaneb. I am in Nocaneb now but it still says I am travelling. Do I have to do something to set up in a certain place and stop travelling? Or does it just constantly say I am travelling?

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Travelling
« Reply #1: July 26, 2012, 03:59:54 PM »
If you go on the travel page (on the left hand menu), what are the first sentences that appear before the "things you can do"?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Mosli

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 26, 2012, 04:02:49 PM »
You are currently between Remton (City, Arcaea) and Nocaneb (Stronghold, Arcaea).
You should arrive there in about 2 hours.

Its been saying that since yesterday morning

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 26, 2012, 04:02:57 PM »
It looks like you started traveling without enough time remaining in your time pool to reach Nocaneb in a single turn. When the next turn happens (in about two hours), you should arrive, and it will stop saying you are traveling.

Any time you are traveling, if you look at your Travel page, it should tell you how much time it will take you to arrive at your destination. That amount will be deducted from your time pool at the next turn change if you have enough time left, and if you don't have enough, you'll continue traveling until you do (gaining 8 hours every turn).

If there are any mentors in your realm, I recommend you connect up with one of them, who will be able to teach you the ropes more easily.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 26, 2012, 04:03:56 PM »
Oh, I should note: there have been a few bugs with the turn scripts recently (which should be fixed now, I believe), and those can cause travel not to function properly.

This is unfortunate, but part of the nature of BattleMaster, as it is effectively under constant development.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Mosli

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 26, 2012, 04:06:32 PM »
Thanks for that. I did notice it took 2 hours from me yesterday but it is still saying the same. I'll see what it says when the hours are refreshed.