Author Topic: New Invasion System  (Read 16186 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: New Invasion System
« Reply #15: July 27, 2012, 06:15:49 PM »
When you think about the consequences you realize quickly that a large realm using masses of them on a small realm falls into the same category as, say, China nuking british Hong Kong...

Haha, just what I was thinking. You can sow the wind, but you'd best be prepared to reap...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #16: July 27, 2012, 07:19:30 PM »
Haha, just what I was thinking. You can sow the wind, but you'd best be prepared to reap...

Exactly. On a large target realm, that's much less of an issue.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 27, 2012, 07:20:31 PM »
they don't need nukes... they got potentially dodgy nuclear power stations nearby XD
firefox

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 28, 2012, 06:08:39 AM »
This seems good, it also opens the door for a more magic orientated BEL to contrast a very SMA Dwilight. Definately seems worth checking out

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: November 03, 2012, 11:17:55 AM »
any expiriences yet with these scrolls?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: November 03, 2012, 01:12:04 PM »
It might be a good idea to make Beluaterra the magic island. Make scrolls of all kinds more easily available, turning them into a semi-important part of the game.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: November 03, 2012, 04:43:59 PM »
Oh man, I'm starting to see yet another use for infiltrators... Nuke bearers  ;D!
D'Espana Family

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: November 03, 2012, 05:23:01 PM »
Oh man, I'm starting to see yet another use for infiltrators... Nuke bearers  ;D!

Why infiltrators? Priest/Ambassadors do better. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: November 03, 2012, 06:02:27 PM »

Well, if you give infiltrators the chance to steal items and scrolls... Man, would that be sweet.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: November 06, 2012, 11:37:10 PM »
Well, if you give infiltrators the chance to steal items and scrolls... Man, would that be sweet.

Well, that'd be a little bit too overpowered... or not? Awesomish Doom Lord with all the scrolls of the island... buffffffffff  :P

Because we don't want you Chénier people to go on a marathon through a whole realm leaving "presents" in all regions, thank you. That'd be the best reason ever to crown you as "Most Prized Head" of Beluaterra  ;D
D'Espana Family

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: November 21, 2012, 05:32:57 PM »

Damn straight.

I can imagine a religion stockpiling these, actually, with priests as fast-strike monster-sowers.

"King Bob isn't playing nice with us? Uh-oh– looks like the Gods angrily dropped monsters all over his realm!"
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: November 21, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »
Damn straight.

I can imagine a religion stockpiling these, actually, with priests as fast-strike monster-sowers.

"King Bob isn't playing nice with us? Uh-oh– looks like the Gods angrily dropped monsters all over his realm!"
That would be a good way to start giving religions power, the issue is then getting/keeping noble followers of King Bob's realm.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: November 22, 2012, 06:57:56 AM »
That would be a good way to start giving religions power, the issue is then getting/keeping noble followers of King Bob's realm.

Duke Greedypurse has always wanted to be King.  King Hereticpants has clearly lost the favour of the Gods, as evidenced by the horrible, horrible curses on the land.  Religion Sneakysummoners is delighted to find a non-heretic to support to the throne...And if the Duke wins, then the religion has an in at the highest levels...
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: November 22, 2012, 08:09:05 AM »
Duke Greedypurse has always wanted to be King.  King Hereticpants has clearly lost the favour of the Gods, as evidenced by the horrible, horrible curses on the land.  Religion Sneakysummoners is delighted to find a non-heretic to support to the throne...And if the Duke wins, then the religion has an in at the highest levels...
Would work in some cases but not all. I like the names lol.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #29: November 22, 2012, 08:50:43 AM »
Especially since there are notices of magic being used in the area.  Opposing religions could start tagging nobles of other faiths as warlocks and witches instead.