Author Topic: new sub-forums  (Read 3334 times)

egamma

new sub-forums
« Topic Start: August 05, 2012, 10:03:20 PM »
Under feature requests, I would like the following sub-forums:

Rejected
Approved
Completed

This will make it easy for everyone to see statuses.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: new sub-forums
« Reply #1: August 05, 2012, 11:35:59 PM »
No, please no. Using sub-forums for that is just insane. How about using message icons or prefixes to the subject lines?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #2: August 06, 2012, 12:11:52 AM »
Only issue I see is if people want to see what features are approved.  To reduce duplicate feature requests as well as give people an idea of what features are acceptable.  Just a single Approved sub-board where threads are moved by mods after the features is accepted doesn't seem so bad.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 06, 2012, 08:00:36 AM »
in some forum i go to (they use discuz! 7.2 apparently...), they have something like "tags" that they can use to tag a thread.

then there are filters at the top of the page to filter for those tags. obviously it's limited by forum software features..

you could, however manually stick a prefix text tag to thread title by editing [Approved], etc... not pretty though.
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: August 06, 2012, 08:54:58 AM »
Only issue I see is if people want to see what features are approved.  To reduce duplicate feature requests as well as give people an idea of what features are acceptable.  Just a single Approved sub-board where threads are moved by mods after the features is accepted doesn't seem so bad.

Once a feature request is accepted, we either implement it or move it to the bugtracker. So that is the place to search.

egamma

« Reply #5: August 06, 2012, 05:33:25 PM »
I think I'll just re-title the threads with an "approved" or "rejected" prefix, and if it's approved, the bug id.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 07, 2012, 02:17:26 AM »
Under feature requests, I would like the following sub-forums:

Rejected
Approved
Completed

This will make it easy for everyone to see statuses.

This is actually a very good idea because it removes a lot of questions.  Icons are good if you know what they mean, but sub categories allows you to browse what's been rejected/accepted.  (I don't see a need for completed).

I always search for things before I post ideas, if I could just browse the rejected forum, it would be easier.

Best regards,

egamma

« Reply #7: August 07, 2012, 03:12:53 AM »
Okay, i did the most recent dozen or so.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #8: August 07, 2012, 04:26:27 AM »
Yay!
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #9: August 07, 2012, 10:17:59 AM »
I think I'll just re-title the threads with an "approved" or "rejected" prefix, and if it's approved, the bug id.

excellent solution