Author Topic: Down with the peace keepers!  (Read 33816 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Down with the peace keepers!
« Topic Start: March 27, 2011, 05:12:40 PM »
Its BattleMaster! Why do we have realms threatening others with war if they get into war?! ???

Case in point is Cathay, which has declared that it will attack either Arcaea or Greater Aenilia if either one goes to war with the other. If Cathay nobles wants to get bored training in their capital, so be it, but dont keep other realms from going to war.

I say Arcaea and Greater Aenilia should group together and destroy Cathay, and let us in Arcachon battle those Ohnarians alone.  ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Down with the peace keepers!
« Reply #1: March 27, 2011, 05:28:19 PM »
Its BattleMaster! Why do we have realms threatening others with war if they get into war?! ???

Case in point is Cathay, which has declared that it will attack either Arcaea or Greater Aenilia if either one goes to war with the other. If Cathay nobles wants to get bored training in their capital, so be it, but dont keep other realms from going to war.

I say Arcaea and Greater Aenilia should group together and destroy Cathay, and let us in Arcachon battle those Ohnarians alone.  ;D

Cathay and Kindara.  Kindara's actually worse, I think, as at least Cathay was doing it between two allies, while Kindara does it for any realms.

And, yeah, you're not getting out of this war that easily ;)
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 27, 2011, 11:41:10 PM »
If GA is scared of a realm with a mere 19 nobles and no proven recent combat ability, that is there own issue. If Arcachon wanted peace, they probably should have listened to the offers early. I believe OW is dropping out of the war anyway, since there is likely to be a change in who rules the realm.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #3: March 28, 2011, 01:22:22 PM »
I remember when Cathay was a powerful realm. You guys remember that?
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 28, 2011, 02:32:38 PM »
I believe OW is dropping out of the war anyway, since there is likely to be a change in who rules the realm.

Could go either way. Joseph was in support of the war from the beginning. Galiard was favoring dropping out, considering OW's obligations in the war to be done. Not sure which way Joseph will go with it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 28, 2011, 07:09:20 PM »
Did the treaty between Jenred and Galiard say anything as to what would happen if Arcaea failed to take over Enlod as planned? 
The discussion in Ohnar West is somewhat "ok, we helped, and they didn't take it over... now what?"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 29, 2011, 03:55:41 AM »
What is it with people in OW? The treaty is ON THE WIKI. Read it.

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: March 29, 2011, 04:13:21 AM »
I don't understand why people wound't want to go to war. This game is meant to kill each other off even amongst yourselves with rebellions.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 29, 2011, 05:04:36 AM »
Simple. Sometimes you know you will lose. It is hard to joyfully go to war knowing that something you may have spent considerable time on will be destroyed or hurt. While this is just a game and people shouldn't be that attached, working on a realm for multiple years will do that :)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 29, 2011, 12:50:36 PM »
Could go either way. Joseph was in support of the war from the beginning. Galiard was favoring dropping out, considering OW's obligations in the war to be done. Not sure which way Joseph will go with it.

Surely Joseph has better things to do, better to watch Arcaea struggle to do it alone. Besides, its not like Ohnar can have much fun on the Isle, thanks to that silly Order of the Hawk agreement...  ;D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 01:20:51 PM by De-Legro »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 29, 2011, 01:20:41 PM »
Certainly possible, though with winter hitting it matters little. You guys should get some sort of break, if only cause it will take so damn long to travel anywhere. Not sure why the Order of the Hawk would stop them having fun though, still can loot and steal the food. Just no deliberate burning of it.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 29, 2011, 03:44:20 PM »
No rape and mass murder of the peasants, either, although those seem to be a pretty big no-no in general anyway.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 29, 2011, 04:08:07 PM »
Surely Joseph has better things to do, better to watch Arcaea struggle to do it alone. Besides, its not like Ohnar can have much fun on the Isle, thanks to that silly Order of the Hawk agreement...  ;D

Now that Galiard is gone, along with his silly ideas of "we've done enough to help Arcaea", I'm hoping to press for continued, all-out involvement in Arcachon.

Besides, if we weren't fighting against Arcachon, what else would we be doing? I've had enough of sitting around in OW watching the grass grow.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 31, 2011, 10:04:46 PM »
Did you mean to say "No"?  :P

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 01, 2011, 12:42:01 AM »
I've moved a good chunk of the discussion about the Wiki as a in game source to this topic

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,313.0.html

Hopefully that will get his topic back on track.