Author Topic: Your Fame on testing  (Read 20114 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Re: Your Fame on testing
« Reply #45: August 05, 2012, 07:25:08 PM »
Could there be fame for being a general? Depends on the no.of Marshals under you and total no.of nobles in the army?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #46: August 05, 2012, 07:44:31 PM »
i like the mouseover explanations.
----
eh... palace builders? i don't see that section (guild/religion) anymore for some reason

You don't see sections where you don't have at least 1 point. It's a bit like the hidden fame points in the old system.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: August 06, 2012, 07:56:57 AM »
odd. the character is head of a small and pretty inactive religion... that has a fair bit of peasant followers with just a temple and a bunch of shrines. and the head of a secret soc.
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #48: August 06, 2012, 08:54:06 AM »
Many items only "start counting" once I implement them. You can have built 20 palaces in your time, for example, but the "Palace Builder" points will be at zero until you build a new one now, simply because the game doesn't keep track of which character built a palace or not.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: August 06, 2012, 09:08:03 AM »
It's a bit like the hidden fame points in the old system.

So, is the old system a goner?  :(
After all it's a roleplaying game.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: August 06, 2012, 04:56:36 PM »
Many items only "start counting" once I implement them. You can have built 20 palaces in your time, for example, but the "Palace Builder" points will be at zero until you build a new one now, simply because the game doesn't keep track of which character built a palace or not.

i can get that bit.. but what about the guild/religion part? as head of religion/guild/secret soc... won't existing structure be representative as to the size of your faith/soc/guild.... ie.. doesn't matter who built the stuff... you as head gets credit for it?

obviously other people who build/preach stuff later will get credit too
firefox

Madmonk77

• Knight
  • tiki tiki on the rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Rock-Soft
« Reply #51: August 06, 2012, 05:04:48 PM »
You rich hoarder you.

That Foundation is called the Grandmaster Pot! hehehe
Nico.-

"What else can happen when an unstoppable force collides with an immovable object?" -- Used to be the player of Vats family. Now I'm the player of Vlad family.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #52: August 06, 2012, 05:27:27 PM »
Not quite, yet. It will be rolled into the new system, once that reaches the family level.

The problem is that the old fame system did record some things, like palaces build, but not which characters did it. So I may be able to move some of that into the new system on the family level, but not on the character level.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: August 08, 2012, 05:23:16 PM »

So what of Guildmaster/Holy man part?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #54: August 22, 2012, 09:31:22 PM »
Now that it's been active (with a reduced feature-set until now) for a while, can I get some more feedback, please? I'm thinking about adding the other things I have in my notes...

Zakilevo

« Reply #55: August 23, 2012, 04:04:13 AM »
I don't think the new system will work very well with the old system.

I think it works much like a ranking system. I prefer something that accumulates over time like Honour and Prestige but that is just me. I was expecting more like a pie graph which has some indicators like honourable, notoriety and something else to show people how your character acts. Maybe I am just misunderstanding what this 'your fame' thing is supposed to do. :o

Showing how big your estate is compare to others do not really matter in my opinion. I think it would show things better if you actually make it look like a ranking system like 'Top Families' rather than percentages.

What does the fame thing supposed to do again?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:07:30 AM by Zakilevo »

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #56: August 23, 2012, 04:29:13 AM »
I would be hoping that it makes it not take 2-3 years to get to the point that you can have 4 Nobles at once.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: September 04, 2012, 02:43:27 PM »
I finally looked at Allison's fame.   100 oratory and 100 wanted...  about what I expected
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: September 04, 2012, 02:47:32 PM »
I finally looked at Allison's fame.   100 oratory and 100 wanted...  about what I expected

If there ever was a good reason to crank it up all the way to 11.......
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: September 04, 2012, 03:15:16 PM »
Are the values for skill the actual skill levels? Or are these the relative ratings? The problem with relative ratings for skills is that so long as one person has a very high skill level, then the displayed value pretty much indicates your actual skill level, doesn't it? So why go to the academy to check your skill levels when all you need to do iis open the new fame page?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.