Author Topic: Running in an Election while in Prison  (Read 4801 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Running in an Election while in Prison
« Topic Start: March 28, 2011, 06:52:28 AM »
Is it possible to enter an election while in prison? I was thinking this may be possible by bribing the guards to get messages out. A few times now I've seen people win elections while in prison, generally getting their old position back. They also seem to manage to escape from prison in the same turn the election ends.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Running in an Election while in Prison
« Reply #1: April 01, 2011, 08:06:04 PM »
Why shouldn't it be possible?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #2: April 01, 2011, 08:48:15 PM »
Generally, it shouldn't be. Or at least I can't see how it would have been intended or make sense. In those cases where imprisoned it is most likely that they began running before getting captured. As of now there doesn't seem to be anything removing someone already running short of having the character leave, through pausing, deportation, death, deletion, emigration, etc.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 01, 2011, 09:00:32 PM »
Well, it has happened to Ortisia, twice.  I'm not doing anything special to make it happen, though, it's just luck.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 02, 2011, 01:59:09 AM »
Indeed the cases I'm thinking of, it was the Judge that was captured, lost their position and was able to put their name up for election before being freed. I simply assumed that if the guards were letting you send messages, you could send a message to run for the election.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 02, 2011, 02:31:43 AM »
Hmmm... The first time, she was released just in time to put her name in and win because she was the only candidate.  The second time, the guards were bribed and the announcement was made.  And I think she wins because there is no one else running.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 02, 2011, 02:42:17 AM »
Hmmm... The first time, she was released just in time to put her name in and win because she was the only candidate.  The second time, the guards were bribed and the announcement was made.  And I think she wins because there is no one else running.

Yeah winning is a non issue. The character will win or lose based on other factors. I was just curious if was intended that one could enter an election while sitting in Jail. It certainly would reduce the amount of "placeholders" elected if the incumbent simply needs to bribe the guards to enter.

Second question is has anyone been elected to a position while still in prison. The only cases I know of the character was released just before the election ended, or in the same turn.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 02, 2011, 05:06:15 AM »
Hmmm.  Yes, you can enter the election if you bribe the guards.  I don't know if you can actually win the election while in prison, though.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 02, 2011, 10:15:46 AM »
From what I've seen, you can. The consequence is that you escape that very same turn. I've seen this maybe 4-5 times.

egamma

« Reply #9: April 03, 2011, 03:39:43 PM »
I find it odd that one can get to the "referendum" page while in prison. Most of the pages are blocked.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 04, 2011, 12:52:53 AM »
I find it odd that one can get to the "referendum" page while in prison. Most of the pages are blocked.

Can you when you haven't bribed the guards though?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #11: April 04, 2011, 01:15:41 AM »
I don't think so.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 04, 2011, 07:42:54 AM »
Can you when you haven't bribed the guards though?

No.  You need to be able to read the referendum messages.