Author Topic: Battlemaster Wiki Team Proposal  (Read 14993 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster Wiki Team Proposal
« Reply #15: December 03, 2012, 01:19:37 PM »
I would be happy to help update the wiki. It would be great if there was a to-do list I could go off of. Kind of like a primitive bug tracker listing the page and what is lacking. Dev and other players could add to it. Wiki team could pull items, fix them, and update them as being complete. Is there such a page already? If some reward was desired for Dev, Magistrates, Testers, Wiki People and all of that, I would also be against anything more than an extra character slot of some kind.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: December 03, 2012, 10:58:57 PM »
I would be happy to help update the wiki. It would be great if there was a to-do list I could go off of. Kind of like a primitive bug tracker listing the page and what is lacking. Dev and other players could add to it. Wiki team could pull items, fix them, and update them as being complete. Is there such a page already? If some reward was desired for Dev, Magistrates, Testers, Wiki People and all of that, I would also be against anything more than an extra character slot of some kind.
Todo list: Anything and everything. There are few pages up to date unless you are strictly speaking the manual.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: December 03, 2012, 11:43:58 PM »
Anything in the Manual category is highest priority. These are the "official" pages.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: December 04, 2012, 07:55:16 AM »
OK. I will start looking through the Manual pages. Shall I post potential pages for review before publishing them? As a newish player, I do not mind getting the opinions of other, more knowledgeable,  players as I go.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: December 04, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »
If you would like, you can post on this board asking for someone to look at a page.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 15, 2013, 08:16:43 PM »
Well, ahem. For those that remember me, I'm back and helping Tom out again, with a focus on the wiki. This thread was partially responsible for that. For those that don't, long-time player, first Community Manager, wiki editor, blah blah.

Of course, as we all recognize, its difficult to pursue alone with little coordination, so I'm going to be encouraging those that posted here earlier helping with wiki and Manual to get involved again, whether there's an official Wiki Team or not. For all intents and purposes, I'll consider anyone coordinating on this subforum to be on the Wiki Team. I'll be able to coordinate with devs on any new features coming through and updating the documentation appropriately.

Zaki, Unwin, Here's an old to-do list from years back. Its probably regressed quite a bit since I was last around though. http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/User:Bishamon_Family/Wiki_Clean-up_Project

However, as Indirik pointed out the Manual is the highest priority. This would be everything in the Manual Category. It needs to reflect the current code of BM so if while improving it, you're unsure of how something works, I'll be happy to answer any questions. Having been gone awhile, I'm still catching up somewhat though. Anaris is usually quite helpful in that regard as well. I'll be making a follow up thread shortly with lists of where I think the focus needs to be had. For now, here's some places to get started:

Also, we need to make sure the Help Category is properly fleshed out. These are the pages linked from within the game to provide assistance to the confused about said page. I remember stumbling across a few that went to blank pages so I'll be checking shortly to make sure all the Help pages link to are properly filled out, then inspecting them for quality and making another follow-up thread on those. For now, here's some places to get started:

I'll also be updating the Community Portal page and making sure each island page properly lists the living/lost realms & religions. But someone whose played more consistently more recently would probably be best to focus on those island pages so feel free to go ahead. I'll also be reaching out to Magistrates to make sure their verdicts have a nice public repository on wiki and is properly updated and easier to reference than forum posts.

I'll also be working with Solari to improve the UI in that we'd like to see the Manual page and/or others (still working it out) more readily accessible while logged in. Otherwise, Manual is not obviously visible at first glance without knowing to go back to battlemaster.org (honestly I never look at that since I just type in battlemaster.org/login.php) or visit the wiki. I think making it more apparent to people needing help would probably be useful in incorporating the game and the wiki together.

Overall, we'll also need to make sure that relevant pages are properly categorized. Its as simple as putting [[Category: Manual]] or [[Category: Help]] at the bottom of a page. Also, if you're going to be editing the wiki, please consider these:

Edit: Oh, and Sonya, other fluent spanish, dutch-speakers, and anyone interested in translating the manual to their language, I'll keep a record of which pages I/we consider up to par in the thread so you can begin translating those specific pages.

If any roleplayer-types would be interested in combing through the Introduction after we're done with manual, let me know.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:07:56 PM by Vita »

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 10, 2013, 01:58:21 AM »
I'm jumping in and helping. I've always prowled the wiki and updated a lot of stuff (though usually personal.) Vita, Unwin and Zaki, how much have you guys done so far?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 02:14:39 AM by Arundel »
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus