Author Topic: Giving a Captain to initial units  (Read 3428 times)

Alasteir

• Knight
  • March!
    • View Profile
Giving a Captain to initial units
« Topic Start: August 06, 2012, 11:26:05 PM »
I believe this is something that should be fixed:

After creating a new noble, on the very beginning of the game, I just clicked to see the stats of my chosen unit, when I noticed it hasn't a captain. I believe that, if you are a young noble, unexperienced, your family would send with you a good man to help you guide your unit, no?

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Giving a Captain to initial units
« Reply #1: August 06, 2012, 11:52:03 PM »
mm im 50/50 with you on this.

I see a captain as someone who would serve under a established noble to better his own standing. Yet, I see your point. Perhaps the wealthier and better established families can only afford to send out a captain with their young.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 07, 2012, 02:15:32 AM »
mm im 50/50 with you on this.

I see a captain as someone who would serve under a established noble to better his own standing. Yet, I see your point. Perhaps the wealthier and better established families can only afford to send out a captain with their young.

I agree with this.  If you are a total unknown, a captain isn't going to flock to you.  However, you, as lord of an army, should have the right to name someone as captain. (for 1 gold?)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: August 07, 2012, 10:20:29 AM »
No.

The captain is an added complexity for slightly later in the game, and intentionally in parts random so you don't always get one. I wouldn't want to add a reliable, 100% get-a-captain way, and I wouldn't want characters to start unequally, either.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 07, 2012, 05:43:16 PM »
Agreed with Tom - a good Captain can't be bought, he must be found by chance and swayed by your reputation.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 08, 2012, 05:28:37 PM »
Eh, do you really intend to keep those crappy initial men? If you want a captain, recruit over 40 men, that really works.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 08, 2012, 05:57:21 PM »
Are captains really that critical to you? As far as I'm concerned, they have one purpose only: A name I can use when writing RPs.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #7: August 08, 2012, 06:03:36 PM »
Are captains really that critical to you? As far as I'm concerned, they have one purpose only: A name I can use when writing RPs.

That's all I use them for.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 09, 2012, 05:16:25 AM »
They do nothing, as per as bonus to leadership goes, all my nobles already have at least 30% leadership
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.