Author Topic: Barca  (Read 230661 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #135: June 16, 2011, 04:12:25 AM »
What killed Springdale was internal dissent and apathy.

I would disagree and rather say a foolish ruler who let himself be manipulated against his council's explicit wishes.

You're just jealous that you don't have 10 realms to deal to call on to deal with your enemies. :P

Actually, Thulsoma got exactly what they wanted: A war against Sanguis Astroism. And so did Averoth, too.

Honestly, what do you expect? If you attack someone, they attack back. When that "someone" happens to be a religion that encompasses four or five realms, then you get four or five realms coming back at you. If Thulsoma (or Averoth) had managed to specifically target their war at one individual realm, as opposed to the entire faith, then they would have fought one single realm.

If a kid goes and shoves around a bully and gets a beating for it, you kinda feel pity for him but feel he deserved it in a way. When a kid shoves around a bunch of bullies and all of them give him the beating of his life, you'd judge the gang of bullies a lot harsher than you would have a lone bully. Imo, at least. This is what the Thulsoma story felt like. Sure, they kinda asked for it. But ganging up so badly on such a tiny realm? I can't see how anyone would not shake their heads at this.

As I don't have any military ambitions for Dwilight, I really couldn't care less about having 10 brutes behind me or not.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron