Author Topic: Barca  (Read 230274 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #150: June 17, 2011, 06:11:16 AM »
I doubt they could still field such a force after the loophole was closed. Circumstances may nuance it, but to outside observers who couldn't care for nuances, that was pretty much the equivalent of 100 regions going to war against one or two. Patience would have served SA's PR better than acting as a bloc.

We were patient. As an outsider, you really have no idea what happened and how long this process was. I appreciate that the end result was not good PR (due in no small part to efforts by Thulsoma's players to spread misinformation), but this affair went on for months. Most people outside the north probably didn't hear about it until it reached the epic proportions that it did at the very end, which took a long time. We eventually grew tired of being insulted and mocked and stalemated on level 7 walls that they never should have had in the first place if they weren't abusing game mechanics. I'm sure that the closing of the loophole had an effect on the war, but honestly I don't even know when that happened in relation to everything else. Do you know why? Because I treated it IC the entire time. We thought they would be easily dispatched. We were wrong. So, we gradually escalated things until we were forced to bring in the full force of 3-4 realms just to end things. This is not in any way a testament to Thulsoma, rather it is an indication of just how serious their abuses were.