Author Topic: Barca  (Read 230052 times)

Rogi

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #210: July 22, 2011, 10:05:03 PM »
From inside of Barca I can say that, at least in the recent weeks things are changing for better. Upon entering the winter we suffered a pretty big invasion of monsters and undead. It seemed possible that part of the progress made during the summer and spring came down, but with the help of our allies and a bit of luck, we have emerged stronger from this situation. At the end we have lost nothing of the progress made, and we have progressed more. Now we have an adequate infrastructure with which to work, and we begin to have some incomes to spend on our military, which is beginning to give us a little military autonomy, despite the help of our allies is always welcome and rewarding.

Our regions begin to grow more and more, which is shown in our production of food and gold. Never before have we earned what we are earning now.

In personal terms, I am delighted to interact with both of our allies. We are a small republic with few people now, and this sometimes means that there is not much RP (which could be improved with some enthusiasm). In this sense, constant communication and coordination with our allies helps a lot, since we are not locked in internal communications. I think I can say on behalf of many who began the history of Barca, that our past in Terran allowed us to establish personal ties with the nobles of there, which shows the bond we have now.

I personally find things to be a bit too quiet. It is almost as if most people have regulated their character in Barca to a secondary "do the bare minimum" role. Getting anyone interested in debate, role play, planning, or anything else beyond sending orders and following them is quite difficult.

I have to agree a bit with this idea. I would enjoy much if people discuss (politely) on new proposals to improve our realm. Personally I have proposed some ideas, and we have never discussed it firmly.

Reguarding the future, I would like to see Barca expand a bit more (at least controling two more regions). I think if we could growing and don't find too much troubles or too hard troubles this winter we could expand easily. From my point of view, the greatest difficulty we have now for it is the lack of noble and estates to control the regions properly.