Author Topic: Barca  (Read 231022 times)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #330: August 27, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »
I try not to toss around accusations about multi-cheating and such not. As far as I know that complaint has been made, investigated, and dismissed for lack of evidence, so I believe that they are not multi-cheaters. I try to stick to things that are known, such as what I said. Players in Caerwyn have said IC and OOC that several nobles joined their realm from various SA realms over a course of time, all bearing the same patently false story. The fact that it came from seemingly different and unrelated sources made it more credible, but trust me when I say that it was completely made up - that takes coordination, and that kind of coordination between characters from young or even new families who started their careers in different realms and had little reason (or even ability) to communicate IC is just unusual no matter how you look at it. Evidence of wrongdoing? No. Unusual enough to merit comment? Yes. It skirts a line in my opinion, but there is no evidence of actual wrongdoing.

That's the crux of it. They don't actually do anything wrong per se, but everything they do leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you stop to consider how it is that they might have accomplished it. That's why nothing gets done about it. The actual, proven exploitation gets stopped (a la the family wealth loophole), but beyond that what can be done? How do you prove that a group of characters are systematically violating the spirit of the game? And how do you even define the spirit of the game? I have a sense of what it means to play fair and I feel that what they do crosses that line, but again I cannot prove anything.

Sounds like they'll get along great with the Aurvandil group that led the Libero Rebellion.  LOL.