Author Topic: Barca  (Read 230435 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #360: August 30, 2011, 02:03:59 AM »
I was kind of dissing your form of Republic, maybe you didn't get my oh so witty humour. Republic' to indicate rule by many and by laws, is one term. Basically by unilaterally limiting the movement of priests and religion within the republic without public referendum you go against the spirit of Republic. Instead what you have is a dictatorship. Caerwyn became a theocratic Oligarchy, a state controlled by the ruling priest class one that went against the idea of republic, using false information and propaganda, fear to control thought within the state and only allow certain forms of ideas as long as they did not go against the Theocratic state.  Sounds kind of like what had happened in modern Iran, or Cambodia circa the Khmer rouge.

Instead in Asylon, we practice that all religions are equal as long as they are loyal to the state and do not actively try to subvert the state. Making Asylon a freer and truer form of the enlightened republic than one merely in name. We actually promote and protect tolerance.

Now, on the other hand I am not saying 'SA' is better, they are also extremely xenophobic and theocracies, but at least they do not pretend to be anything else. There is a simple fact, if you are evil and pretend, lie and misinform that you are good it still makes you evil... At least SA is truthful and does not bend to whatever whim that blows across their bow. I can trust that form of thought because even though it is insane at least one can deal with it in logical progression, unlike these wishy washy republics that are basically just oligarchies and dictatorships wrapped up in flowery language, without any real substance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_religion

Through control of religion your state is actually a 'Theocratic republic'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_republic
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 02:17:11 AM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...