Author Topic: Barca  (Read 229886 times)

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #375: August 30, 2011, 05:47:45 AM »
I was kind of dissing your form of Republic, maybe you didn't get my oh so witty humour. Republic' to indicate rule by many and by laws, is one term. Basically by unilaterally limiting the movement of priests and religion within the republic without public referendum you go against the spirit of Republic. Instead what you have is a dictatorship. Caerwyn became a theocratic Oligarchy, a state controlled by the ruling priest class one that went against the idea of republic, using false information and propaganda, fear to control thought within the state and only allow certain forms of ideas as long as they did not go against the Theocratic state.  Sounds kind of like what had happened in modern Iran, or Cambodia circa the Khmer rouge.

Caerwyn a theocratic oligarchy? Only Baal was a Priest to my knowledge and that was after he stepped down from the position of Archon. Caerwyn banned SA preaching and temples under a public referendum long ago I started playing there, but nobles were free to be followers if they desired it.  I would compare Caerwyn to the anti-communist era in the States more then Iran or Khmer rouge. 

I am actually all for greek republic in game.

If the new colony gets going in Candiels, I hoping to angle Caerwyn towards having more of a roman/greek style republic.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)