Author Topic: Barca  (Read 229895 times)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #390: August 30, 2011, 09:31:01 AM »
If SA moderates were heard more and SA extremists less, then maybe impressions would be different, but I'd say the same about those of Muslim faith IRL.

The "moderates" actually dominated up until the Caerwynite Betrayal against Astrum. There were a few who wanted to expand more aggressively and more forcefully before then but they were constantly opposed and so nothing gets done. From my observations the elders do nothing in controversial situations against foreign realms. Usually its mostly the long travel times that prevent SA from enforcing itself across the continent.

Also I think your confusing whats being said on the forums. I've never heard SA wanting to dominate the continent IG. Perhaps preach to the entire continent and eventually convert people, but never dominate/conquer/subjugate it. Its interesting because the fantasies of SA wanting to conquer the continent or "put a SA duke on every city", are usually generated by non-SA people who are afraid. You'll see instances similar to Caerwyn where they are openly hostile to SA realms but are eventually destroyed themselves. Then other realms fear SA for destroying the realm and the pattern repeats itself.