Author Topic: Barca  (Read 230723 times)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #405: August 31, 2011, 10:46:53 AM »
Then what faith has its presence in those lands? If it is not SA, what would be logical as being surrounded by nothing but SA theocracies..

At least in Libero there should be no other relevant religion around. Don't forget that Springdale Duchy has been a part of Morek for a while, and even if we had our problems to get along with them, overall they started to be converted and I believe now the majority of Libero follows the stars, with temples everywhere. That said, they are not a theocracy and thus will not shape their politics according to the goals and problems of the SA church, even if their secular ties with Morek will likely make them side with the theocracies most of the times.

To put it another way, the SA theocracies are more like modern "Islamic republics" than the Vatican City; the government itself is separate from the religious institution but the realm's laws are still governed by the tenants of the religion, and its decisions are still guided by religious principles.

I think that's a reasonably good comparison.

It didn't last very long after Thulsoma started poking the bear with a pointy stick.

That made me chuckle.  ;D