Author Topic: Barca  (Read 228797 times)

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #45: April 01, 2011, 02:15:19 AM »
Maybe you look like Trolls in Barca, but we are civilized in Caerwyn! *Guffaws*  8)  ::)

No, I think we were expelled from PeL precisely because we didn't look like trolls.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: April 01, 2011, 02:47:49 AM »
Anyways, back on topic. Can you give us any background about Barca, the people, motivations, etc? Who do you play?
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: April 01, 2011, 03:45:27 AM »
We used to be nice Giaskians in PeL until Queen Alanna decided she didn't want Giask to be part of PeL.  Then she decided she did want the land of Giask after all, so PeL declared war on Giask.  Giask lost the war.  Nobles from Giask could not rejoin PeL, though, so we decided to go and start a new realm.  With the help of D'Hara and Terran we made it.  And now we're Barca.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:47:10 PM by Gloria »

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: April 01, 2011, 09:31:26 AM »
Oh great, more rejects make a realm  ::) Now we have to listen to them  :-\

Just kidding. If I wasn't Judge in Caerwyn and Marshal of our maintenance army, I'd come on by and leave a few gifts but this war we've ogtten ourselves into is quite a roller-coaster of responsibilities and fun
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #49: April 01, 2011, 06:49:51 PM »
Oh great, more rejects make a realm  ::) Now we have to listen to them  :-\
I'd rather call us dissident movement of Pian en Luries.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: April 01, 2011, 07:12:46 PM »
Considering you made Gwendolyn a Duchess, I'd definitely go with rejects 8)

cjnodell

« Reply #51: April 01, 2011, 08:09:41 PM »
Well, she was kind of voted into office... We are a republic after all.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: April 01, 2011, 08:16:04 PM »
We are a republic after all.

Well, there's your problem, right there.  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: April 01, 2011, 09:03:39 PM »
I didn't know monsters eating humans from republic more than they liked humans in other forms of government. 

Are republicans more tasty?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: April 01, 2011, 09:09:08 PM »
Yes, all that arguing makes the meat more tender.

Mmmmmmm... Democracy.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #55: April 01, 2011, 09:09:22 PM »
Well, she was kind of voted into office... We are a republic after all.

I wonder if Bowie got voted in?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: April 01, 2011, 09:10:39 PM »
Yes, all that arguing makes the meat more tender.

Mmmmmmm... Democracy.

Also, they talk so much and never get anything done because they'd need a referendum to decide whether or not to have a referendum about fighting back. They get no exercise, which also helps keep the meat tender.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: April 01, 2011, 11:16:10 PM »
Seriously, they should have started out as at least a Monarchy with a smart man/woman taking the lead. !@#$ will get done unless you give people room to bicker, which always happens in Republics and Democracies. I couldn't stand the 300 messages Fontan produces in a huge discussion about some stupid lord sacking a temple and not telling the Flow about it. I think I emigrated to Riombara, made my way to SiC and then betrayed their plans to Enweil... another republic.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: April 02, 2011, 12:24:36 AM »
Seriously, they should have started out as at least a Monarchy with a smart man/woman taking the lead. !@#$ will get done unless you give people room to bicker, which always happens in Republics and Democracies. I couldn't stand the 300 messages Fontan produces in a huge discussion about some stupid lord sacking a temple and not telling the Flow about it. I think I emigrated to Riombara, made my way to SiC and then betrayed their plans to Enweil... another republic.

They have a good leader in Galvez... and folks in D'Hara and Terran giving them support, and lighting a fire under their bums.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: April 02, 2011, 01:12:21 AM »
I was just ranting. My apologies  ::)