Author Topic: Barca  (Read 228727 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Barca
« Reply #105: May 26, 2011, 04:40:45 PM »
Chénier, our total food production is only 582 bushels when all regions are at 100% production. We are doing our best for D'Hara, but don't depend on our food any time soon.  ;)
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: May 26, 2011, 05:58:53 PM »
Chénier, our total food production is only 582 bushels when all regions are at 100% production. We are doing our best for D'Hara, but don't depend on our food any time soon.  ;)

Yeah...Celtiberia carries more than half of that  ???

cjnodell

« Reply #107: May 26, 2011, 06:00:33 PM »
A lot of it comes down to luck, timing and preparedness. My experience in Barca thus far has led me to believe that a HUGE horde of monsters or undead is bound to slam us before we are ready. It has already started in Celtiberia. If we get his hard by rouge forces before we can build up a reasonable military, we have no chance of holding these regions.  Add to that the fact that Barca has not demonstrated itself to be the most cohesive place out there and I get concerned.

On the bright side, our military is actually growing for the first time since Barca was established.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: May 26, 2011, 07:42:50 PM »
Being on the frontier like that, you will occasionally see some realm-killer rogue forces wandering around. Sometimes the only thing you can do is get out of their way, and hope they keep moving on. As odd as it might sound, you're lucky you're near the Zuma. I'd bet they actually keep the rogue forces in the are pretty well under control, so you don't get the massive concentration of rogues that you see in the northwest, or the central eastern mountains.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: May 26, 2011, 07:47:57 PM »
Aye, I've seen a few concentrations of as much as 10k CS of rogue units on the northwest frontier before. When Astrum was a very young realm, we once had 6-8k CS of monsters pillaging Eidulb Outskirts in the middle of winter, and there was jack we could do about it.

Fortunately it isn't often that forces like that move all together. Usually they come into existence by chance and disperse more or less the same way.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: May 27, 2011, 12:05:35 AM »

There are many regions in your neighbourhood that are net producers of food, and the only two cities are tiny. Your rurals will also grow faster than your cities.

Therefore, I expect Barca to be delivering ever-increasing quantities of food. Not 800 bushels by tomorrow, but still.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: May 27, 2011, 10:48:32 PM »
There are many regions in your neighbourhood that are net producers of food, and the only two cities are tiny. Your rurals will also grow faster than your cities.

Therefore, I expect Barca to be delivering ever-increasing quantities of food. Not 800 bushels by tomorrow, but still.

The major breadbasket of Maroccidens is west of Twainville. The Marwood and the Aurvandil border will run a surplus, but nothing big. Major growth will come from the western plains.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: May 28, 2011, 12:57:08 AM »
The major breadbasket of Maroccidens is west of Twainville. The Marwood and the Aurvandil border will run a surplus, but nothing big. Major growth will come from the western plains.

Though perhaps not as significant, surpluses should nonetheless be achieved as Barca works its way westward.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Rogi

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: June 08, 2011, 11:05:21 PM »
Hey! Its my first message in the forum! I'm a noble of Barca, and I've to say I enjoy playing in this part of the continent. It's a really difficult area, with extense travel times which make coordination and help between realms really difficult, but anyways it's great. I've to agree in the fact that people can't imagine how difficult and how much investment you've to do to see a slow improve.

I would ask the people who play in Barca to be a bit more active in their RP. We all know it's difficult and sometimes hard to be sitting around with a very few gold coins, being unable to recruit a unit. Therefore I think that we should manage to give our republic a bit more of fun with some great histories, where we may knew us better as nobles.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: June 09, 2011, 07:14:47 AM »
Yes, I agree that we could be a little bit more active.  The problem is that there is not much to say... and while I do like staying in character and interacting with others, I do not enjoy long narratives.  My advice is that you get involved in a religion or a guild.  They share more information.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: June 09, 2011, 12:52:41 PM »
A short walk to Chesney will give you access to a ton of guilds. Then, pick a religion. There are quite a few in the region to chose from.

This broadens your contacts.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: June 11, 2011, 01:51:04 AM »
A short walk to Chesney will give you access to a ton of guilds. Then, pick a religion. There are quite a few in the region to chose from.

This broadens your contacts.

This!

Come to Chesney. Join the guilds. Join a religion.

If you can only join a few, I recommend:
Dwilight University
Véinsørmoot
Dwilight Trade Company
Path of the Sword

As far as religions, Sanguis Astroism is the most active.... but I am personally biased in favor of Triunism, of course.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: June 11, 2011, 04:48:42 AM »
As far as religions, Sanguis Astroism is the most active.... but I am personally biased in favor of Triunism, of course.

Or a short walk east will give you temples of Verdis Elementum. ;)

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: June 13, 2011, 06:58:08 AM »
Also, a shack of Eleryonism has been built in Rettlewood.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #119: June 13, 2011, 08:09:13 AM »
Man, what a big jumble of different religions in the southwest. I think that actually works in SA's favor though, because no faith is strong enough to withstand an organized conversion plan, whereas having a strong opposing faith can hinder greatly.