Author Topic: Barca  (Read 228715 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Barca
« Reply #120: June 13, 2011, 10:46:16 AM »
Man, what a big jumble of different religions in the southwest. I think that actually works in SA's favor though, because no faith is strong enough to withstand an organized conversion plan, whereas having a strong opposing faith can hinder greatly.
But no one outside SA is really fond of them. It will not be religions, but realms opposing them.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #121: June 13, 2011, 12:42:56 PM »
Yeah, and we've seen how well that goes. Heck, Madina's even lostmost of its island and it only declared war on SA. Its freaky.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: June 13, 2011, 02:36:25 PM »
Yeah, and we've seen how well that goes. Heck, Madina's even lostmost of its island and it only declared war on SA. Its freaky.
Lol,  I somehow think that that linkage is somewhat tenuous  ;) :P

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: June 13, 2011, 02:57:34 PM »
That because you heathens can't see the obvious influence of the Stars on your actions. Even the enemies of the Stars serve their will, albeit unwittingly.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: June 13, 2011, 03:10:02 PM »
Meanwhile the Elements subvert all!

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: June 13, 2011, 03:16:23 PM »
You're all pawns in Tyr's eternal war game.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #126: June 13, 2011, 03:19:05 PM »
...Not even going to say anything about pawns and kings.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: June 13, 2011, 03:31:50 PM »
Man, what a big jumble of different religions in the southwest. I think that actually works in SA's favor though, because no faith is strong enough to withstand an organized conversion plan, whereas having a strong opposing faith can hinder greatly.

Wouldn't a massive missionary campaign organized by the Church to a specific area of the continent, like the southwest, be pretty interesting? Since SA will not likely ever have the ability (at least for a long time) to actually ever invade a place like the southwest and force their religion, what if they went the peaceful route (shock, I know, it's SA) and just did a massive, RP-heavy missonary campaign sending tons of missionaries to the area to convert Nobles and people alike?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: June 14, 2011, 03:56:35 AM »
Wouldn't a massive missionary campaign organized by the Church to a specific area of the continent, like the southwest, be pretty interesting? Since SA will not likely ever have the ability (at least for a long time) to actually ever invade a place like the southwest and force their religion, what if they went the peaceful route (shock, I know, it's SA) and just did a massive, RP-heavy missionary campaign sending tons of missionaries to the area to convert Nobles and people alike?

They would likely meet a bunch of closed borders and "no preaching without formal permission" restrictions while being met with cold silence. In other words, encouraged to pack their stuff and go back from whence they came.

That's what I'd expect of it, at least.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: June 14, 2011, 04:09:27 AM »
Lol,  I somehow think that that linkage is somewhat tenuous  ;) :P

They declared war on a force of Order, which is something a chaotic realm would do, which was further revealed by their loss of regions.  This, of course, would have been obvious to any student of Madinan politics as the constitution is designed to cause chaos.

Common-causal scenario: Loss of regions <= Chaos => Declaration of war on force for Order
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: June 14, 2011, 05:56:18 AM »
They would likely meet a bunch of closed borders and "no preaching without formal permission" restrictions while being met with cold silence. In other words, encouraged to pack their stuff and go back from whence they came.

That's what I'd expect of it, at least.

I don't know. Most realms in the Southwest are pretty open to religion, at least Terran is. We even have Atroists already in Terran, a Duke even.

I guess, the other realms might not be so nice... lol
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #131: June 14, 2011, 05:06:57 PM »
We are open to religions, not bloody star fanatics.  ;D
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: June 14, 2011, 07:13:57 PM »
Yes, there is definitely a lot of anti-SA sentiments throughout the south.  There are a lot of refugees from old northern realms.  That might be part of it.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: June 15, 2011, 12:21:25 AM »
Yes, there is definitely a lot of anti-SA sentiments throughout the south.  There are a lot of refugees from old northern realms.  That might be part of it.

You think?

Honestly, I think the collapse of Springdale caused SA the vast majority of its haters, either directly or indirectly. It went counter-clockwise from Springdale all the way down to Madina/Fissoa. PeL was always too busy fighting itself to really care about (or have an opportunity to look at) what goes on beyond its borders.

Cato is SA personified, in some people's eyes.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: June 15, 2011, 05:15:06 AM »
Springdale was an awfully long time ago, but I am inclined to believe you on that account. In recent times however, that seed has really been watered by Thulsoma's propaganda machine. Hatred of SA has become noticeably more virulent and unrelenting since the beginning of the Thulsoma affair. The ironic part is that those who hate SA have a tendency to be just as fanatical about it as they accuse SA of being, if not more so in fact. Rowan was a pretty moderate character, but Averoth and Caerwyn in the end refused to deal with him and succumbed to paranoid fantasies about non-existent SA plots. Averoth was offered unconditional peace, but never responded. As for Caerwyn, Rowan made several concessions, from peace talks with Averoth to rewriting the Brotherhood of Theocracies treaty. In the end however it turned out that Caerwyn was planning for war the entire time, apparently irregardless of anything Astrum could do to reassure them.

Ah well, I can't complain about how things are working out in the end.