Author Topic: Barca  (Read 227025 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #180: June 18, 2011, 01:41:48 AM »
It's the BattleMaster equivalent of Godwin's Law:  "As a thread on the BattleMaster forum regarding Dwilight or Religion grows longer, the probability of it turning to a discussion of Sanguis Astroism approaches 1 (100%)."

Now we just wait until the Super Godwin's Law kicks in and somebody compares SA to Nazi Germany.

Oh shi-

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #181: June 18, 2011, 05:31:52 AM »
So....intentionally being stubborn about it. You know, this isn't the only place on Dwilight where you've been rather stubborn to the facts...

No... I don't really give a !@#$ about SA as a player. Not caring for the facts and not buying them aren't the same thing.

And because, you know, I can differentiate my characters from myself, perhaps? SA isn't the best religion around, and often is used in simplistic arguments to manipulate debates on religions, but they at least play by the same rules and game mechanics as everyone else.

What I'm saying is not to get all emotional to defend the honour of SA in this conflict OOC, it'd be the equivalent of going to someone who doesn't give a !@#$ about politics to preach to him about how much better your political party is than your rival's. You just can't sway someone who doesn't care.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #182: June 18, 2011, 07:43:01 AM »
Chenier, you know that's not true.  We're Canadian and as such we have a holy duty to harrass/bribe people who don't agree that whatever party we support is the best so they pretend to agree so we go away.  Then we campaign for our side on the basis that everyone says they like us.

The only people who can't be swayed are government analysts.  We are bastions of morality and never, ever, twist results or have party alligiances.

(apologies to everyone who doesn't live on the Canadian East Coast for the inside joke)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #183: June 19, 2011, 07:17:23 PM »
The ROC decided to massively elect a party with total disdain for democracy and transparency, and on the provincial level it's an even bigger circus right now. Canadian politics are mind-numbing, to say the very least.

Can't wait to see our tax money spent on the visit of the royal family...  >:(
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #184: June 24, 2011, 08:22:20 AM »
http://satwcomic.com/

Need I say more?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #185: June 24, 2011, 02:38:27 PM »
Barca has almost the same CS as Asylon. Good stuff.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #186: June 24, 2011, 05:44:21 PM »

Karnen

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #187: July 05, 2011, 11:35:56 AM »
Barca has almost the same CS as Asylon. Good stuff.

How is that even possible?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #188: July 05, 2011, 01:17:32 PM »
I agree, why ain't it more?  8)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #189: July 05, 2011, 10:39:14 PM »
Royal visit? Yeah, we had one of them. Ignore the fact that our economy is one of the worst in the world... :(

Barca is doing well though. There was a point where it wasn't likely to survive for very long, but as long as they can get a few more nobles, they look to be doing just what they intended and have a lot of potential to grow. That is what is holding them back too though, from what I can tell.

Finton.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #190: July 06, 2011, 07:37:37 AM »
Barca is doing well though. There was a point where it wasn't likely to survive for very long, but as long as they can get a few more nobles, they look to be doing just what they intended and have a lot of potential to grow. That is what is holding them back too though, from what I can tell.

Yep. Take a number.   :-\
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #191: July 06, 2011, 07:21:40 PM »
Heh, true. And yet I'm surprised Barca isn't more popular. Regions without claims that go back years. The one-noble rule though does ensure difficult times though, but given that the player-base needs expanding again, to be expected I suppose. Also part of the fun :)

Finton.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #192: July 06, 2011, 07:28:48 PM »
It's also a tiny realm with only 4 regions. New people tend to join larger, more established realms. I imagine that glory in Barca is on the low end of the spectrum, and that it's listed as not really needing nobles to fill its estates.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #193: July 06, 2011, 07:37:01 PM »
It's also a tiny realm with only 4 regions. New people tend to join larger, more established realms. I imagine that glory in Barca is on the low end of the spectrum, and that it's listed as not really needing nobles to fill its estates.

With all the monsters they must be fighting, I would be surprised to learn that their glory rating is low - but you are no doubt right about the estates.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #194: July 06, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »
11 nobles, 4 regions (including a small city). I suspect they're short a noble or two for ideal circumstances, and could hold a handful more if they showed up before they could expand. I was more pointing towards established players who are starting new characters. I'm not sure new players really pay attention to glory so much as size and what sort of realm description it had. At least my experience. There's never an end of Knights and Dames hoping to get their hands on a region (for obvious reasons), hence my slightly exaggerated surprise.

Finton.