Author Topic: Barca  (Read 227020 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #195: July 06, 2011, 07:44:36 PM »
11 nobles, 4 regions (including a small city). I suspect they're short a noble or two for ideal circumstances, and could hold a handful more if they showed up before they could expand. I was more pointing towards established players who are starting new characters. I'm not sure new players really pay attention to glory so much as size and what sort of realm description it had. At least my experience. There's never an end of Knights and Dames hoping to get their hands on a region (for obvious reasons), hence my slightly exaggerated surprise.

Finton.

I joined Astrum as a relatively new player when it was three regions and a month old because it seemed exciting to join a brand new endeavor. I don't recall thinking of lordships at the time.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196: July 07, 2011, 06:18:38 AM »
It's quite hard to establish a reason for why people join realms, actually. My choice had nothing to do with size or glory, actually.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #197: July 07, 2011, 07:24:59 AM »
It's quite hard to establish a reason for why people join realms, actually. My choice had nothing to do with size or glory, actually.

I'm pretty sure when I first joined BM, I chose Eston because I liked their banner.

I've joined other realms because I've liked their size, shape, or geographic location.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #198: July 07, 2011, 07:29:24 AM »
I'm pretty sure when I first joined BM, I chose Eston because I liked their banner.

I've joined other realms because I've liked their size, shape, or geographic location.

I picked Sadovar purely because of geographic location.

I picked my first realms on another's recommendations. I picked the rest of my other realms based on my knowledge of the continent's politics and my goals.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #199: July 08, 2011, 04:41:25 AM »
My first realms:

In my first account, I picked Rancagua, 3 days before Kazakh was stormed. I wanted a small, struggling realm. I deleted that account soon after.

In the Vellos Family:
1. Sartania- Small, theocracy sounded cool
2. Norland- Vikings sounded neat
3. Barony of Makar- See above
4. Caligus- I have no idea what motivated this one.

Next wave:
1. Oligarch- Entirely random. Hireshmont was fleeing FEI, and I kind of just picked a random realm.
2. Batesaor- Small, struggling realm, and pirates were neat
3. Principality of Zonasa- One of the coolest names for any realm in BM
4. Valentia- I seem to remember picking this one somehow based on a wiki page. Not entirely sure, but I think that was it; coordinated move there with some Sartanian refugees.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Rogi

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #200: July 08, 2011, 05:47:32 PM »
It's obvious for those nobles in Barca that we are living now better moments, as we have grown a bit. It's cool to take a look to our food production that is starting to grow, as our regions, but our economy (at least as a knight) is very low and this makes our defense difficult. We have lots, lots, sorry, did I say lots? of monsters in this part of dwilight in winter, and it's quite frustrating to see that our allies come to help us when we have a big invasion, we clear the regions, and one week after it we have all our regions invaded again, this resumes the winter in Barca quite well. Of course our high travel times between regions don't help.

On the other hand we are in constant fights against monsters and undead which makes the honour go up very fast. The future under my point of view can be very promising if we manage to grow a bit more and be able to defend us by our own, and for this Barca will need at least some more nobles.

Under my point of view new characters would have more possibilities in a small and expanding realm where you fight battles for expansion and have more option to get promoted as in a established realm where you find characters with lots of experience and you find more difficulties to promote and become glorious.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: July 20, 2011, 01:04:01 PM »
So I hope I don't jinx this but it seems like Barca may make it out of winter with all three regions intact. Which is especially nice since we initially thought Celtiberia would be a long shot. Of course this is just my outside perspective looking in from Terran. How are things going from inside Barca?

Also I haven't seen the D'haran military in and around Barca, have I just been missing them or was I mistaken when I thought we would all be contributing to defending the Barcans until they got on their feet?
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #202: July 20, 2011, 04:10:22 PM »
D'Hara's General just stepped down due RL getting too busy and that's why D'Hara has seen little action. The TMP is now hitting D'Hara so hopefully we can get some action soon.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: July 20, 2011, 04:17:37 PM »
Just station troops in Barca and wait! Something always come crawling out of the Marwood

And the Barcans are so pleasant and thankful it's genuinely a nice experience helping them and working with them  :)

Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #204: July 20, 2011, 06:20:44 PM »
We know. D'Hara kinda helped setting you up. Actually we had grander plans, but oh well. This has worked too :D

Zakilevo

« Reply #205: July 20, 2011, 10:47:34 PM »
Sgin.. if I didn't get appointed to a duke I would have joined Barca.. Sounds fun..

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #206: July 21, 2011, 02:09:11 AM »
We know. D'Hara kinda helped setting you up. Actually we had grander plans, but oh well. This has worked too :D

Grander plans, good sir, that I believe you messed up by getting made ruler or some nonsense like that.

Just station troops in Barca and wait! Something always come crawling out of the Marwood

And the Barcans are so pleasant and thankful it's genuinely a nice experience helping them and working with them  :)

Couldn't agree more. Barca is a pleasure to work with. They're active and cooperative, thankful and communicative, and have an interesting angle on things. The recent maneuvering about Triunism in Thysan has been quite fun for me as well.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #207: July 21, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
Guilty as charged :(

cjnodell

« Reply #208: July 21, 2011, 04:48:59 PM »
From the inside things are going well. We are still working on streamlining things. For example, we are finally producing a surplus of food but have no food distribution system in place. That is something I am actively working on.

We are truly getting the hang of "getting things done" despite the limitations we face. Of course, all built on the support of Terran and D'hara.

egamma

« Reply #209: July 21, 2011, 07:30:54 PM »
From the inside things are going well. We are still working on streamlining things. For example, we are finally producing a surplus of food but have no food distribution system in place. That is something I am actively working on.

We are truly getting the hang of "getting things done" despite the limitations we face. Of course, all built on the support of Terran and D'hara.

well, that's good timing...