Author Topic: Barca  (Read 227012 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #225: July 23, 2011, 07:32:17 PM »
I see Barca like my raspberries in the yard. Some good caring and it gives tasty fruits. I could live without it, and it could live without me, but we are both happier and healthier for it.  8)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #226: July 23, 2011, 07:37:07 PM »
Lol. I was mostly joking/being an imperialist.

My character rarely even enters our southern Duchy these days and so oddly Barca seems very far away from me most of the time.

Indeed. It has increasingly occurred to me that my character virtually never goes north. I spend tons of time in Rettleville, Paisly, etc, but very little in Shokalom.

Maybe our armies should swap duty assignments come summer in order to get a change of scenery?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #227: July 23, 2011, 08:55:34 PM »
Or the southern Duchy could secede to Barca...

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #228: July 23, 2011, 11:38:53 PM »
Lol. I was mostly joking/being an imperialist.

My character rarely even enters our southern Duchy these days and so oddly Barca seems very far away from me most of the time.

Haha ah dang it.. Sarcasm on the Internet is just the worst..
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Rogi

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #229: July 24, 2011, 12:15:24 AM »
Or the southern Duchy could secede to Barca...

I would like to see Barca expand on their own in the future to the south and west, instead of gaining regions by secesion.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #230: July 24, 2011, 12:28:34 AM »
Yeah, cause I genuinely thought that would be a possibility  :o

Still, plenty of space to expand, and civilized lands make life easier.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #231: July 24, 2011, 12:34:34 AM »
Yeah, cause I genuinely thought that would be a possibility  :o

Still, plenty of space to expand, and civilized lands make life easier.

Sarcasm on the internet strikes again!! Oh when oh when will the confusion end.

But on another note,

Where's Barca gonna expand to next and when, theoretically, do you think it will happen?
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #232: July 24, 2011, 12:42:55 AM »
Nark. They're producing an excess of food, so they don't need another rural region. Nark will produce gold, and get them closer to a second city that they've been looking at since they founded.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #233: July 24, 2011, 12:45:47 AM »
Get more Rurals, get more Food! D'Hara wants it :D

Rogi

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #234: July 24, 2011, 12:58:28 AM »
I think Kydonia and Nark are both interesting regions. Nark brings Barca nearer to Twainwood and Twainville. Anyway to hold another city it would be a good idea to have a region as Kydonia. This region would also bring us closer to Evanburg and close our borders to the south.

Both options are interesting. About when, I think the first step is survive and come out in good conditions from the winter, and then look forward to expand us.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #235: July 24, 2011, 01:08:10 AM »
Get more rurals to make more safe non-border regions! Terran wants to not have to think about its southern border.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #236: July 24, 2011, 09:33:02 AM »
Indeed. It has increasingly occurred to me that my character virtually never goes north. I spend tons of time in Rettleville, Paisly, etc, but very little in Shokalom.

Maybe our armies should swap duty assignments come summer in order to get a change of scenery?

I literally cannot remember the last time Kale was south of Saffalore.

Get more rurals to make more safe non-border regions! Terran wants to not have to think about its southern border.

Especially so that Terran can look toward more northern expansion. If we get a few more nobles, Inklen is looking attractive. And once we have Inklen, we all of a sudden have a border with Asylon, which is weird. And kinda icky.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #237: July 24, 2011, 04:28:54 PM »
Get more Rurals, get more Food! D'Hara wants it :D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #238: July 24, 2011, 04:50:44 PM »

Sabrier

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #239: July 24, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »
Yeah the way I see it, selling a rural's food to Barca can probably make just as much gold as Nark can.