Author Topic: Barca  (Read 229290 times)

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #270: July 26, 2011, 01:30:10 PM »
Sounds like a great realm. We get much more rationed in Luria Nova.
Pian en Luries is going to distribute 25% of the revenue to all the realm, I hear. I guess they'll gain a fair amount of nobles from the southern realm...  8)

I think the amount of realm taxes everyone receives in Terran is quite minimal. It's more that the Lord's understand that giving their liege a sizable income means that their knights are able to field capable units and that in turn benefits everyone. I may be wrong but I believe a lot of Terran's region lords offer around 40 % oaths, my own knight receives 50% in addition to a fifty gold subsidy from Hireshmont every week. Is it a waste to give so much to a knight? Hell no! He rarely if ever asks for money and he's always recruiting large units and plunging them headfirst into battle in the name of the Republic.

Also our dukes are far from greedy. Hireshmont, from what I assume, keeps very little pocket money every tax day, reinvesting it into the realm and O'Domus, the duke of chateau Saffalore, uses his income to field massive 1000 CS sf units that benefit everyone enourmously on the battlefield. Labell in Shokalom has also been very generous with his limited income since the survival of his city is dependent on the safety of our northern frontier.
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #271: July 26, 2011, 01:44:41 PM »
I think the amount of realm taxes everyone receives in Terran is quite minimal. It's more that the Lord's understand that giving their liege a sizable income means that their knights are able to field capable units and that in turn benefits everyone. I may be wrong but I believe a lot of Terran's region lords offer around 40 % oaths, my own knight receives 50% in addition to a fifty gold subsidy from Hireshmont every week. Is it a waste to give so much to a knight? Hell no! He rarely if ever asks for money and he's always recruiting large units and plunging them headfirst into battle in the name of the Republic.

Also our dukes are far from greedy. Hireshmont, from what I assume, keeps very little pocket money every tax day, reinvesting it into the realm and O'Domus, the duke of chateau Saffalore, uses his income to field massive 1000 CS sf units that benefit everyone enourmously on the battlefield. Labell in Shokalom has also been very generous with his limited income since the survival of his city is dependent on the safety of our northern frontier.

Silly communist realm  :P
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #272: July 26, 2011, 03:35:59 PM »
In Astrum, you raise gold. In Soviet Terran, gold raises you!

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #273: July 27, 2011, 12:11:49 AM »
in PeL I give my knights 100 gold per tax. Oh and I need more knights :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #274: July 27, 2011, 12:26:50 AM »
in PeL I give my knights 100 gold per tax. Oh and I need more knights :)

Tell us more.  :P
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #275: July 27, 2011, 01:25:51 AM »
Lol high incomes..

What an insensitive subject for the thread on Barca

Back on topic somewhat, is Barca pronounced with a k or an s sound?
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276: July 27, 2011, 02:16:11 AM »
I always thought about it as Barka. It would sound too much like Barcelona otherwise :P
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277: July 27, 2011, 02:34:36 AM »
I always think of it as a K sound. As in "You must be barking mad to live in Barca."
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #278: July 27, 2011, 02:54:39 AM »
Lol. Yeah, I've always thought of it as Barka too.

And I wouldn't say Barca is too badly off gold-wise. Not that they're flowing in it, but, well, look at Caerwyn for gold income per noble :)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #279: July 27, 2011, 03:27:35 AM »
In Astrum, you raise gold. In Soviet Terran, gold raises you!

What can I say; we're rich. I regularly haul hundreds of gold out to friends in D'Hara and Barca just to give it away for whatever they want, no strings attached. And that's after I hand out a few hundred gold to needy knights and lords.

Of course, they aren't actually all that needy. Some of the "needy" people I sponsor receive almost 100 gold from their oaths to begin with.

@Fyodor- Vandle is one of the most reliable people in Terran. Wish he'd talk a bit more, but he's a solid knight. One of the reasons I love sending gold to him.

@Everyone whining about gold- Terran has lots of it. I routinely give several hundred gold to a new noble within their first month or so. Retention, retention, retention...
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #280: July 27, 2011, 03:57:40 PM »
What can I say; we're rich. I regularly haul hundreds of gold out to friends in D'Hara and Barca just to give it away for whatever they want, no strings attached. And that's after I hand out a few hundred gold to needy knights and lords.

Of course, they aren't actually all that needy. Some of the "needy" people I sponsor receive almost 100 gold from their oaths to begin with.

@Fyodor- Vandle is one of the most reliable people in Terran. Wish he'd talk a bit more, but he's a solid knight. One of the reasons I love sending gold to him.

@Everyone whining about gold- Terran has lots of it. I routinely give several hundred gold to a new noble within their first month or so. Retention, retention, retention...

You need to speak to Chenier about player retention.

egamma

« Reply #281: July 27, 2011, 06:46:39 PM »
You need to speak to Chenier about player retention.

I think our problem is attracting them in the first place! My knights each get 30% of a townsland, and I gave them an additional 200 gold apiece to go on my little jaunt to the Zuma.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #282: July 27, 2011, 07:15:11 PM »
I don't mean ask for advice from him, I mean to give him advice.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #283: July 27, 2011, 10:21:19 PM »
What, Chenier doesn't hand out gold...oh..that's right. He's one of the guys who thinks what they don't know can't hurt them.

True, not all new players are stupid and they will catch on that they're getting !@#$ty deals. But I really wonder just how sustainable Terran's system might be.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #284: July 28, 2011, 01:32:33 AM »
I don't mean ask for advice from him, I mean to give him advice.

I do a fair enough job at retention, thank you.

As egamma said, we just don't get many people that join up to begin with.

Lyman puts a lot of effort into making players remain, and has good results for it. I, however, neither have the time or the will to dump endless efforts on BM anymore, and so I always say hello to new people, offer them an oath and advice, and then always reply to them when they write to me directly or if they say something publicly. That being said, I don't spend any further efforts on people who never speak. Some of them can be converted into active and voiceful people, but most can't. While retention is a honorable goal, that's where I draw the line as to how much effort is worth the gain that is sought. If people don't respond to the plenty of opportunities for them to that I present to them, then it's their own damn fault. I ain't playing BabbysittingMaster here.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron