Author Topic: Barca  (Read 226976 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #285: July 28, 2011, 03:44:25 AM »
What, Chenier doesn't hand out gold...oh..that's right. He's one of the guys who thinks what they don't know can't hurt them.

True, not all new players are stupid and they will catch on that they're getting !@#$ty deals. But I really wonder just how sustainable Terran's system might be.

Unless we have some kind of economic collapse, it's pretty darn sustainable. Chesney has approximately zero threats now that the frontier is effectively moved out to Thysan by the combined efforts of the Véinsørmoot.

Now, if something really bad happened... say, if D'Hara collapsed, or if a horde of Zuma poured into Vashgew, it'd be different. But even if Caerwyn collapses and monster spawns in the north increase, we'll be a bit more hard pressed.... but I routinely donate a few hundred gold to guilds each week as well. And sometimes send cash to my family for good measure. I have some flexibility in funds.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #286: July 28, 2011, 06:43:01 AM »
And besides, when Caerwyn collapses, another realm will be taking its place. That also frees up Itau for colonization or expansion from Asylon.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #287: July 28, 2011, 06:56:19 AM »
I, however, neither have the time or the will to dump endless efforts on BM anymore,

>_>

Says the guy with close to 1,000 forum posts (the third most) and endless topics and posts analyzing the various nitty-gritty aspects of game's economy system, why it should be changed, and how it should be changed.

lol.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #288: July 28, 2011, 01:19:16 PM »
>_>

Says the guy with close to 1,000 forum posts (the third most) and endless topics and posts analyzing the various nitty-gritty aspects of game's economy system, why it should be changed, and how it should be changed.

lol.

Yes, now imagine how bad it used to be.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #289: July 29, 2011, 01:40:59 AM »
Yes, now imagine how bad it used to be.

This made be lol hard.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290: August 06, 2011, 07:01:55 PM »
Want to start a little sub-topic here:

The forest/wood in the Maroccidens is known as the Marwood. What type of forest/wood/jungle do you all envisage it to be? I want to update the region description of Rettlewood, and having two conflicting ideas from two different people at the moment.

The one idea, and the one that has influenced me all along, is that it is a thick, dark wood. The other, more recent, is that it is more of a jungle type area. Perhaps according to the weather, it may be somewhere inbetween:

Type:  Woodland
Weather area:  South Forest

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #291: August 06, 2011, 07:28:44 PM »
Want to start a little sub-topic here:

The forest/wood in the Maroccidens is known as the Marwood. What type of forest/wood/jungle do you all envisage it to be? I want to update the region description of Rettlewood, and having two conflicting ideas from two different people at the moment.

The one idea, and the one that has influenced me all along, is that it is a thick, dark wood. The other, more recent, is that it is more of a jungle type area. Perhaps according to the weather, it may be somewhere inbetween:

Many in Terran have role-played for years now that Maroccidens keeps a warm, tropical environment with our "winters" being more like a monsoon or rainy reason. The Marwood has oft been thought of as a wet, thick, jungly type place. (IMO)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #292: August 07, 2011, 12:34:49 AM »
It's... very wet, for sure. Doesn't have to be Amazonian of course, but it's certainly not just a dark European forest. It's very hot, and there's no shortage of rain.

I like to think of the climate of the southeastern US, except a bit hotter and wetter, so maybe almost Caribbean: many swamps, bogs, etc; the coolest parts might have occasional snowfall in the deepest parts of winter, but it'd be very rare, certainly dense growth in the wooded areas.

Zakilevo

« Reply #293: August 07, 2011, 12:42:41 AM »
It's... very wet, for sure. Doesn't have to be Amazonian of course, but it's certainly not just a dark European forest. It's very hot, and there's no shortage of rain.

I like to think of the climate of the southeastern US, except a bit hotter and wetter, so maybe almost Caribbean: many swamps, bogs, etc; the coolest parts might have occasional snowfall in the deepest parts of winter, but it'd be very rare, certainly dense growth in the wooded areas.

I doubt you will ever see snow if the region is like Caribbean..

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #294: August 07, 2011, 01:33:18 AM »
It's a big area; the northern parts would be like central Georgia maybe, the southern parts maybe like parts of the Caribbean.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #295: August 12, 2011, 07:27:58 PM »
Thanks all. That's what I was looking for :)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #296: August 14, 2011, 12:19:04 PM »
Who knew that Mixed Infantry could be useful once their update was in place? :D

Elemental Wrath
Captain Volkrad (+5)
Type:    Mixed Infantry
Range:    3 lines
Strength:    50 men
Training:    70 %
Weapons/Armour:    85% / 55%
Damage:   25 %
Morale:   100 %
Cohesion:   78 %
Combat Strength:   695

Barca is finally getting some Combat strength - almost up to 2.5k now, or more  ;)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #297: August 14, 2011, 03:35:11 PM »
I'm only of the few in BM who has actually always liked mixed infantry. I always felt like they should be effective monster/undead killers if deployed correctly.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #298: August 14, 2011, 06:24:41 PM »
I'm only of the few in BM who has actually always liked mixed infantry. I always felt like they should be effective monster/undead killers if deployed correctly.

Agreed, MI are the best for dealing with monsters especially.    I like 'em for militia, though really nice MI would be deadly in a good fight.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #299: August 14, 2011, 08:44:09 PM »
Agreed, MI are the best for dealing with monsters especially.    I like 'em for militia, though really nice MI would be deadly in a good fight.

Yep, they are pretty effective. Below is a record of battles against monsters, taken from the past eight days and recording the first round of volleys at 3 lines, and the second at 2 lines.

There is almost no wind today, archers will be deadly.
Elemental Wrath (2) fire on Monsters (1), scoring 334 hits.
Elemental Wrath (2) fire on Monsters (1), scoring 454 hits.

A calm wind blows, to the joy of the archers.
Elemental Wrath (2) fire on Monsters (1), scoring 350 hits.

A calm wind blows, to the joy of the archers.
Elemental Wrath (3) fire on Monsters (1), scoring 296 hits.
Elemental Wrath (3) fire on Monsters (1), scoring 541 hits.

Strong winds and gusts are making ranged combat a game of luck.
Elemental Wrath (2) fire on Monsters (1), scoring 249 hits.
Elemental Wrath (2) fire on Monsters (1), scoring 366 hits.