Author Topic: Barca  (Read 228839 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Barca
« Reply #300: August 15, 2011, 09:46:13 AM »
I like 'em for militia, though really nice MI would be deadly in a good fight.

I dare to say we have the best MI of Dwilight!
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #301: August 15, 2011, 11:26:53 AM »
I dare to say we have the best MI of Dwilight!

It's really cool to see how far you guys have come!  8)
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302: August 15, 2011, 12:03:06 PM »
I'm only of the few in BM who has actually always liked mixed infantry. I always felt like they should be effective monster/undead killers if deployed correctly.

An addition: I remember back in Caerwyn, someone hired some Mixed infantry (75/65 they were, I think), and those performed quite admirably. Apparently they had been buffed recently before that. The major problem with them has always been the fact that they would suicide charge at the most inconvenient times. Tends to be irritating.

Thankfully that has been fixed recently, as you know ;)

It's really cool to see how far you guys have come!  8)

Heh, the realm just hit the six month mark! It's been fairly slow, but as you can see, things are moving along. And I haven't even been there for the whole time! I've just been there for the better bits (imo). ;D

Now we could just use an extra noble or three...

Rogi

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #303: August 19, 2011, 05:13:10 AM »
Our MI units in Barca are really helping us a lot against monster units, and more if we consider the three range they have. Normaly with the MI and the Archers with range 4 the monsters don't arrive to our lines, if fight well.

Slowly Barca is expanding savely, don't risking his integrity, as by now we have now hurry for it.  I completely agree with the fact that we would need some more nobles to increase our expansion speed, and secure the newest regions with nobles and estates that increase the growth of the regions. We don't have to forget that all surrounding regions to Barca haven't  more than 100 popoulation, and taking a new region means to make it grow without having good economic incomes, having to defend another region. Therefore, and seeing the military growth of the realm, I think Barca has to grow so far it is able to maintain itself.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #304: August 19, 2011, 07:41:24 AM »
Arguably the hardest part is over. Now every region you gain helps seal off another region, thus helping it grow.

Ie. Kydonia seals off Celtiberia and Nark will seal of Rettlewood.

Great work by the way. I think that an inspired and persevering military has been the key to your success
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #305: August 19, 2011, 03:07:09 PM »
Absolutely; when we colonized Barca, I was skeptical about its chances. I kind of expected Barca to fail, and hoped the nobles would drift back to Terran to boost our estates.

But you succeeded! Now you just need Nark, and you'll have some pretty solid, secure borders. But I suppose you may need more nobles to secure Nark.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306: August 19, 2011, 03:47:27 PM »
Absolutely; when we colonized Barca, I was skeptical about its chances. I kind of expected Barca to fail, and hoped the nobles would drift back to Terran to boost our estates.

But you succeeded! Now you just need Nark, and you'll have some pretty solid, secure borders. But I suppose you may need more nobles to secure Nark.

Well, the collapse of Caerwyn will have some pretty interesting ramifications for the Maroccidens and surrounding areas, I am sure.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #307: August 19, 2011, 05:29:12 PM »
Indeed.

Depending on how Aurvandil holds out, we'll either see a new "Madina bloc" in the deep south, or we'll just see a more robust Madina able to hold more of its lands. Either one would be interesting.

Just stay away from Twainville. Stay very, very far away.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #308: August 19, 2011, 07:09:54 PM »

;)
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #309: August 19, 2011, 07:43:37 PM »

Now, that would be boring wouldn't it? :(

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #310: August 24, 2011, 07:26:05 PM »
While we do not need a war to keep us occupied, the recent events did spice things up. I like it. ;D
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

cjnodell

« Reply #311: August 25, 2011, 05:12:39 AM »
I agree. Barca is becoming more and more engaging every day. Disputes over claims just add to the fun. Conflict even more so. I look forward to seeing where this all may lead!

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #312: August 25, 2011, 05:51:56 AM »
Barca will probably have a new neighbour relatively soon. Barca and whatever the new Caerwynian colony calls itself have not started off on the right foot.

I'm not writing Aurvandiel off mind you, but I think their position is a little untenable and I Madina has better resources.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #313: August 25, 2011, 06:05:26 AM »
Barca will probably have a new neighbour relatively soon. Barca and whatever the new Caerwynian colony calls itself have not started off on the right foot.

I'm not writing Aurvandiel off mind you, but I think their position is a little untenable and I Madina has better resources.

And the Caerwynian colony is deluded if it thinks it will ever get to Twainville. The Véinsørmoot will smash it. Barca is growing stronger and stronger, D'Hara can defend Paisly with a little help from Terran, and, frankly, Terran has enough disposable troops to defend Paisly and all of Barca's claims. We currently handle our current defensive obligations without straining the budget. I could personally access 3,000 gold in reserves if I wanted it, and there's other gold lying around as well.

Madina will probably beat Aurvandil. But that doesn't inherently mean the Caerwynian colony will prosper. Nor does it mean that said colony will be able to threaten a more well-developed Barca that has strong allies at its back. Moreover, I suspect that whatever damage to relationships has thus far occurred can be repaired if handled properly.

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #314: August 25, 2011, 06:45:04 AM »
And the Caerwynian colony is deluded if it thinks it will ever get to Twainville. The Véinsørmoot will smash it. Barca is growing stronger and stronger, D'Hara can defend Paisly with a little help from Terran, and, frankly, Terran has enough disposable troops to defend Paisly and all of Barca's claims. We currently handle our current defensive obligations without straining the budget. I could personally access 3,000 gold in reserves if I wanted it, and there's other gold lying around as well.

Madina will probably beat Aurvandil. But that doesn't inherently mean the Caerwynian colony will prosper. Nor does it mean that said colony will be able to threaten a more well-developed Barca that has strong allies at its back. Moreover, I suspect that whatever damage to relationships has thus far occurred can be repaired if handled properly.

That's true. The new caerwynian colony (if Aurvandiel is defeated in the first place), will not be itching to fight anyone while it takes over the Candiels duchy. Things will be hard enough without a alliance of nations bearing down on the fledging Caerwynian colony. Graviel alread made some attempt at patching the holes but no real worthwhile diplomacy can be conducted unless there is an actual colony.

I suspect it won't be long until Astrum's new colony starts up something.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)