Author Topic: Barca  (Read 226844 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #315: August 25, 2011, 07:09:00 AM »
And the Caerwynian colony is deluded if it thinks it will ever get to Twainville. The Véinsørmoot will smash it. Barca is growing stronger and stronger, D'Hara can defend Paisly with a little help from Terran, and, frankly, Terran has enough disposable troops to defend Paisly and all of Barca's claims. We currently handle our current defensive obligations without straining the budget. I could personally access 3,000 gold in reserves if I wanted it, and there's other gold lying around as well.

Madina will probably beat Aurvandil. But that doesn't inherently mean the Caerwynian colony will prosper. Nor does it mean that said colony will be able to threaten a more well-developed Barca that has strong allies at its back. Moreover, I suspect that whatever damage to relationships has thus far occurred can be repaired if handled properly.

I'll keep you updated on the ongoings ;)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #316: August 25, 2011, 03:50:45 PM »
I suspect it won't be long until Astrum's new colony starts up something.

Who, us?  ;D

Beldragos

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #317: August 25, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
For the record, Helm contacted Barca to ask about Twainsville and was told it is claimed.  Since then nothing has been said about even traveling there, it was thrown off the list of possibilities and we do not have an interest in it as far as I know.  We are settling in Madina and then after helping them smash the rebellion we have been promised their claims as a place to rebuild Caerwyn.
Beldragos Family:  Baal Zephon (Madina), Morganna - Adv (Madina), Atrox - Adv (Assassins), Galvenor (Retired), Mephista (Lukon), Luci (Sirion)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #318: August 25, 2011, 11:56:09 PM »
Barca will probably have a new neighbour relatively soon. Barca and whatever the new Caerwynian colony calls itself have not started off on the right foot.

We didn't started off on the right foot with Aurvandil either. They too thought they could 'negotiate' about our claims, and desired Evanburg. But after a while, they have proven to be thrustworthy neigbours.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #319: August 26, 2011, 01:05:13 AM »
We didn't started off on the right foot with Aurvandil either. They too thought they could 'negotiate' about our claims, and desired Evanburg. But after a while, they have proven to be thrustworthy neigbours.

And by that you willing to do whatever your little Federation demands? :D

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #320: August 26, 2011, 05:09:09 AM »
Heh.

Actually, other parts of the federation are more pro-Madina than Barca probably is. D'Hara's interests can conceivably line up with Madina. But, as a competitor for the Candiels Peninsula and a food supplying realm, Barca and Madina have natural animosity.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #321: August 26, 2011, 11:54:26 AM »
Vellos, that is not entirely true. Julius was on good terms with Madina during the reign of Lady Florence.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #322: August 26, 2011, 07:25:20 PM »
Well, Aurvandil and Madina are both growing greatly thanks to the dissolution of Caerwyn. The Saxons appear to be moving en masse to Aurvandil while another faction in Caerwyn heads for Madina. Aurvandil now has the knights to expand significantly, including northward should they so desire. But the Veinsormoot would crush them you say? Has the threat of destruction *ever* stopped the Saxons from doing stupid things before?  ;D

Or, maybe they'll just try harder to kill Madina. I'm not sure about that though, seeing as Madina is also growing and can as a result easily hold Tower Fatmilak against cross channel assaults... If they don't screw up.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #323: August 26, 2011, 08:45:07 PM »
I'd be impressed if Aurvandil can mass enough to take the tower - they'll need 15K or so since we're going to be building up our forces in the Tower predominantly with a small faction out expanding for our regions and getting new estates for all these knights we just picked up.

They have the advantage in that they have siege engines - we don't, and given Candiels level 4 walls it means we have to wait until we can get them.   

Though, if they want to attack the Tower, let them :D  I like these big battle reports. . .

Zakilevo

« Reply #324: August 26, 2011, 10:11:54 PM »
Saxons will probably take over Aurvandil. Thank god SA doesn't have to deal with those people anymore.

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #325: August 26, 2011, 10:25:53 PM »
Well, Aurvandil and Madina are both growing greatly thanks to the dissolution of Caerwyn. The Saxons appear to be moving en masse to Aurvandil while another faction in Caerwyn heads for Madina. Aurvandil now has the knights to expand significantly, including northward should they so desire. But the Veinsormoot would crush them you say? Has the threat of destruction *ever* stopped the Saxons from doing stupid things before?  ;D

Or, maybe they'll just try harder to kill Madina. I'm not sure about that though, seeing as Madina is also growing and can as a result easily hold Tower Fatmilak against cross channel assaults... If they don't screw up.

A lot of the Saxons have joined nearby realms to Aurvandiel (Barca, Terran), it could be regular post realm collapse dissolution or a clever plan to create sympathy for Aurvandiel in those realms.

As far as I know only one or two nobles from Caerwyn have joined Aurvandiel.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #326: August 27, 2011, 03:00:50 AM »
A lot of the Saxons have joined nearby realms to Aurvandiel (Barca, Terran), it could be regular post realm collapse dissolution or a clever plan to create sympathy for Aurvandiel in those realms.

.... maybe Barca. But not Terran. Terran has not gotten any Caerwynian refugees. We had Hyperion briefly, but he's leaving now.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #327: August 27, 2011, 03:15:46 AM »
.... maybe Barca. But not Terran. Terran has not gotten any Caerwynian refugees. We had Hyperion briefly, but he's leaving now.

Hmmm, maybe it was D'Hara then? A couple paused/deleted their characters from Caerwyn and they might have started new ones in Aurvandiel, which could explain Aurvandiel's recent growth. I shall investigate!
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #328: August 27, 2011, 03:18:44 AM »
One joined Barca, and before that stopped in D'Hara. That's the sum of it though so far, so I wouldn't expect it to have much sway one way or the other.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329: August 27, 2011, 11:57:57 AM »
That theory sounds rather too much like a conspiracy. Things do not work like that.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).