Author Topic: Barca  (Read 226914 times)

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #345: August 28, 2011, 03:57:19 AM »
Here's an idea.

Stop being systematically hostile and conspiratorial against them, and maybe we can demonstrate the spirit we want them to exhibit. What? Leading by example? Who does THAT these days?

I'm not hostile towards them, but the family gold exploit wasn't cool.

The idea that people will just suddenly stop cheating because other people are playing fair is a little naive. People cheat exactly because they don't want to do the hard work everyone else is doing. 
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #346: August 28, 2011, 05:48:48 AM »
Here's an idea.

Stop being systematically hostile and conspiratorial against them, and maybe we can demonstrate the spirit we want them to exhibit. What? Leading by example? Who does THAT these days?

Must be nice up there on that high horse. Understandable though, seeing as you've never actually had to deal with them in game.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #347: August 28, 2011, 02:04:27 PM »
Someone make a new topic about the Saxons please. I think its went a page or two of being utterly off-topic so clearly people want to talk about it, but here isn't the place. I don't expect many, if any, nobles in Barca even know there's such a group and any relevance to Barca is, well, about as slim as SA is to Barca atm.

But while it is being discussed here... If you're not punished after being accused of cheating, is that because they simply couldn't pin it on you? I've no experience of these Saxons myself, so maybe its blatantly obvious, but if they were breaking the social contract then would they not be caught or stopped? Proof is a great thing. For courts. Tom and the Titans don't exactly need rock hard evidence. If they know, but can't untangle it due to third party communication or whatever, that doesn't mean they can't ban or warn the players in question anyway.

They haven't been banned. I'd personally like to think that has more to do with not being guilty than lax enforcement of fair play. If its not, then is what they've reportedly done considered fair play by the admins? Anything stopping anyone and everyone else from doing the exact same thing?

Meh.

Finn.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #348: August 28, 2011, 03:22:45 PM »
So, in an effort to get back to the topic /and/ include SA at the same time:

Why are the rumors about Barca that Allison hears make it sound like a completely anti SA realm?  Is there truth to this or merely propaganda? 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #349: August 28, 2011, 04:33:25 PM »
The Titans and Tom specifically looked at the Saxon group.  There was definitively something fishy, but extremely tangled.  I am not aware of what all actions were taken, but discussions among the devs indicated that there was some multi-ing going on, and there was a concerted effort to get around game mechanics that they used to create several thousand gold out of thin air.

I'm going to guess many of you skipped over this post, since some of you insist on saying that nothing happened and they are completely innocent.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #350: August 28, 2011, 04:57:17 PM »
Well, either you're innocent or you're guilty. I can't see how someone can be a little innocent, or partially guilty. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anti-SA? Nah. More like Not SA, at least for the time being. I'd say there's more dislike for Aurvandil, Madina and/or PeL/LN than SA in terms of general feelings. Then again, SA's had little impact on Barca one way or the other, so while there may be dislike for the realms I mention, there's also positive views. SA doesn't rate.

Yet.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #351: August 28, 2011, 08:53:24 PM »
Well, either you're innocent or you're guilty. I can't see how someone can be a little innocent, or partially guilty. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anti-SA? Nah. More like Not SA, at least for the time being. I'd say there's more dislike for Aurvandil, Madina and/or PeL/LN than SA in terms of general feelings. Then again, SA's had little impact on Barca one way or the other, so while there may be dislike for the realms I mention, there's also positive views. SA doesn't rate.

Yet.

It cracks me up that every member of the "free league of nations" . . . is either SA friendly or SA neutral.   

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #352: August 28, 2011, 09:34:54 PM »
It cracks me up that every member of the "free league of nations" . . . is either SA friendly or SA neutral.

SA friendly, fair 'nuff. SA neutral? Well, a lack of interest in SA is about as free as you can get on Dwilight. Not very free from SA if your life, or your realm's, revolves around it, positive or negative. As I see it, its a determination not to be rolled over or coopted. Course, does the "free league of nations" even exist at this point?

Yours is the first mention of it I've seen in some time, IC or OOC.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #353: August 28, 2011, 10:55:43 PM »
SA friendly, fair 'nuff. SA neutral? Well, a lack of interest in SA is about as free as you can get on Dwilight. Not very free from SA if your life, or your realm's, revolves around it, positive or negative. As I see it, its a determination not to be rolled over or coopted. Course, does the "free league of nations" even exist at this point?

Yours is the first mention of it I've seen in some time, IC or OOC.

I didn't think it did, I've only ever recieved one message from the group in the last several months - and I pretty much ignored it.   Truth be told I don't really know that much about it but the idea as far as Vallyn (or I am) concerned is a farce.   Not one of the Realms in the League actively resists SA, heck most of them appease it.   If they were serious about being in the League they should have sent troops to support a free Caerwyn.

The League as far as I can tell is. . . dead?  I've had a letter from someone mentioning it in the last few weeks, but other than that.  Nothing.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #354: August 28, 2011, 11:01:11 PM »
Madina tried to send forces in the beginning of the War, but was denied travel rights. Then they got distracted by their own problems.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #355: August 28, 2011, 11:30:51 PM »
Indeed.  So much for the "League" supporting Caerwyn eh? :D

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356: August 29, 2011, 11:14:57 AM »
Whoever thought that Barca would start experiencing TMP? 'tis most odd, to be sure!

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #357: August 29, 2011, 12:48:23 PM »
So, in an effort to get back to the topic /and/ include SA at the same time:

Why are the rumors about Barca that Allison hears make it sound like a completely anti SA realm?  Is there truth to this or merely propaganda?

Some time ago soon after the SA vs. Caerwyn war started, I took action to protect my peole against the influences of the SA by prohibiting priests from preaching within Barca, or building shrines and temples. I kindly informed Medugnatos Stormcrow about it, and I believe he passed on my letter to the rest of SA. But that has been some time ago.

Whoever thought that Barca would start experiencing TMP? 'tis most odd, to be sure!

Yes, we need some battles. And if the monsters ain't coming to us, we will come to them.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358: August 29, 2011, 02:28:58 PM »
Lucky buggers...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #359: August 29, 2011, 04:47:33 PM »
Some time ago soon after the SA vs. Caerwyn war started, I took action to protect my peole against the influences of the SA by prohibiting priests from preaching within Barca, or building shrines and temples. I kindly informed Medugnatos Stormcrow about it, and I believe he passed on my letter to the rest of SA. But that has been some time ago.

You should be allowing it now though, right? Because of the Treaty of Maroccidens?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)