Author Topic: Barca  (Read 226868 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Barca
« Reply #420: September 02, 2011, 04:57:13 PM »
It would indeed be possible to add another region to our Republic.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #421: September 04, 2011, 06:41:04 AM »
We didn't started off on the right foot with Aurvandil either. They too thought they could 'negotiate' about our claims, and desired Evanburg. But after a while, they have proven to be thrustworthy neigbours.

Well, Aurvandil and Madina are both growing greatly thanks to the dissolution of Caerwyn. The Saxons appear to be moving en masse to Aurvandil while another faction in Caerwyn heads for Madina. Aurvandil now has the knights to expand significantly, including northward should they so desire. But the Veinsormoot would crush them you say? Has the threat of destruction *ever* stopped the Saxons from doing stupid things before?  ;D

Region Takeover   (16 minutes ago)
Aurvandil has taken control of Evanburg , a former rogue region. Aurvandil now controls 7 regions.

Don't say I didn't warn you!  ;D

Sabrier

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #422: September 04, 2011, 03:26:13 PM »
You do know we let them have it, right?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #423: September 04, 2011, 06:06:37 PM »
You do know we let them have it, right?

Ah, I did not! I thought Barca was fairly set on having Evanburg. Interesting... How far north is Barca planning on letting them push?

Sabrier

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #424: September 04, 2011, 06:17:59 PM »
I'm not sure on the northward push, I suspect that would be debated quite a bit. Either way, we are fairly set on having Evanburg, but we've lent it to Aurvandil for the moment.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #425: September 04, 2011, 06:52:38 PM »
I'm not sure on the northward push, I suspect that would be debated quite a bit. Either way, we are fairly set on having Evanburg, but we've lent it to Aurvandil for the moment.

Intriguing. I take it you'll ask for it back when you enough nobles to hold onto it?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #426: September 04, 2011, 07:28:36 PM »
Intriguing. I take it you'll ask for it back when you enough nobles to hold onto it?

I suspect Barca won't ask for it back until they've expanded quite a bit more. This is purely OOC speculation, but I would imagine they will focus expansion on Twainville, and Evanburg is just a distraction.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #427: September 04, 2011, 09:33:13 PM »
Aurvandiil cannot afford a two front war.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #428: September 04, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »
Yes, we are currently discussing some options. I think it would be the right course of action to expand towards Twainville now, then Gallaecia.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #429: September 05, 2011, 12:57:13 AM »
Evanburg was given as a loan to Aurvandil. I linked to the treaty already, but I'm fairly sure its the conclusion of the war that Evanburg is returned. By then, Barca should well be in a position to take it, also keeping in mind that there's a yearly check in the Barcan Senate. Evanburg is as far as they're going though. Gallaecia is Barca's and they'll be taking it soon enough one way or another. Aurvandil doesn't need a two-front war when Madina's providing a bigger threat than ever. The only real concern is if the two Caerwyn factions band together and bring peace to Madina and Aurvandil. Who's to say?

Finton.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #430: September 14, 2011, 04:55:49 PM »
Congratulations to Jens von Namtrah! He managed to hurt the relation between Barca and Madina even further to the point we had to lower our relation to neutral.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #431: September 14, 2011, 04:59:34 PM »
Congratulations to Jens von Namtrah! He managed to hurt the relation between Barca and Madina even further to the point we had to lower our relation to neutral.

hurray!

*opens up another bottle of whiskey*

PS, didn't know relations where poor already, so double hurray!

uuuh, btw, what did he do?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 05:01:19 PM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #432: September 14, 2011, 05:13:03 PM »
This has some potential to cause some rifts between various parties.

Jens is the Knight who was looting in Agl and moving through Barcan Lands. I don't know more then that.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #433: September 14, 2011, 05:17:16 PM »
This has some potential to cause some rifts between various parties.

from OOC perspective, wouldn't it be totally awesome to have a total war in the south? :P

if Barca would help the rebels with there allies, perhaps the luriens woudn't sit by idly...
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #434: September 14, 2011, 06:00:26 PM »
uuuh, btw, what did he do?
He trespassed on Barcan soil to reach Aurvandil and loot Agl. He was to return to Madina immediately and an apology from him and Madina were required for us to forgive this incident. Madina never apologized and Jens moved from Agl back to Celtiberia and continued to Kydonia while I made it very clear that he didn't had permission to travel through Barcan regions. And under the cover of a lie to move to Gallaecia he thought he could ignore me and even move into Evanburg. Something we can not tolerate, ever.