Author Topic: Barca  (Read 226805 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #540: October 18, 2011, 05:02:49 AM »
FEI is a map of England and Scotland.

What?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #541: October 18, 2011, 07:00:58 AM »
It tilts the wrong way, but FEI is very similar to the lay out of England.

Bataesor - London
Hadthes - Cardiff
Masahakon - Bristol
Liverpool - Anacan

It's a very general map, but looks very similar . . .enough I always felt it was not coincidence.  Maybe it is X.x

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #542: October 18, 2011, 08:49:57 AM »
Ah, Barca, our beloved Barca. Just farm those fields, and we'll love you forever no matter what you say or do.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #543: October 18, 2011, 09:30:24 AM »
It tilts the wrong way, but FEI is very similar to the lay out of England.

Bataesor - London
Hadthes - Cardiff
Masahakon - Bristol
Liverpool - Anacan

It's a very general map, but looks very similar . . .enough I always felt it was not coincidence.  Maybe it is X.x

And Arcachon is Ireland, except at the top  :D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #544: October 18, 2011, 01:32:16 PM »
Ah, Barca, our beloved Barca. Just farm those fields, and we'll love you forever no matter what you say or do.
Winter is almost over. The rich fields of Gallaecia will be annexed to our Republic.  :D
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #545: October 18, 2011, 01:54:59 PM »
Eregon too, while you are at it! :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #546: October 18, 2011, 05:01:20 PM »
To close to Zuma territory.. other regions are far more interesting. And, due to the long, very long travel times, it would be a pain in the ass defending both regions without annexing Twainville first.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #547: October 18, 2011, 05:52:47 PM »
To close to Zuma territory.. other regions are far more interesting. And, due to the long, very long travel times, it would be a pain in the ass defending both regions without annexing Twainville first.

Close to Zuma means less random rogues!!!  :D

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #548: October 19, 2011, 02:29:52 AM »
And more reliable Demons? Is there such a thing?

As it stands, Barca will be taking Gallaecia, Twainwood and Twainville. After that, there may or may not be more in the coming year. See how things stand. I wouldn't be surprised to see Eragon and Ulitisa civilized either, both which would add greater food production (though not equal to Gallaecia, Celtiberia or Kydonia, in that order).

There's every reason to take the Zuma bordering regions, but that doesn't mean my character will be terribly eager to participate. Its like walking along the edge of a cliff. Don't pay sufficient attention or, far more likely, be the unlucky victim of a cruel (aka Demonic) twist of fate and you're splat.

I'm very curious to see how much food Barca will produce this time next Dwi year.

Finn.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #549: October 19, 2011, 02:39:12 AM »
And more reliable Demons? Is there such a thing?

As it stands, Barca will be taking Gallaecia, Twainwood and Twainville. After that, there may or may not be more in the coming year. See how things stand. I wouldn't be surprised to see Eragon and Ulitisa civilized either, both which would add greater food production (though not equal to Gallaecia, Celtiberia or Kydonia, in that order).

There's every reason to take the Zuma bordering regions, but that doesn't mean my character will be terribly eager to participate. Its like walking along the edge of a cliff. Don't pay sufficient attention or, far more likely, be the unlucky victim of a cruel (aka Demonic) twist of fate and you're splat.

I'm very curious to see how much food Barca will produce this time next Dwi year.

Finn.

Gimme more raw numbers and I can calculate estimates!  8)

I've got food pretty much figured out, now I just need to figure out population growth functions.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #550: October 19, 2011, 03:13:31 PM »
I believe the normal growth rate is 1% of the total capacity per day, however the system of Dwilight is far more complex.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #551: October 19, 2011, 05:57:32 PM »
I believe the normal growth rate is 1% of the total capacity per day, however the system of Dwilight is far more complex.

Actually, I think even the normal system considers current population: you gain more peasants a turn when your city is at half pop than at 1 pop. Testing does have the peasant migrations which considerably complexify the equation, though.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #552: October 19, 2011, 07:01:07 PM »
Not that we in Barca are complaining. As a matter of fact, I'd like to take a moment and thank all of Barca's neighbours (well, maybe not the Zuma) for the vast quantities of peasants that have arrived to do our work for us. Win-win for D'Hara at least :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #553: October 19, 2011, 07:15:16 PM »
Not that we in Barca are complaining. As a matter of fact, I'd like to take a moment and thank all of Barca's neighbours (well, maybe not the Zuma) for the vast quantities of peasants that have arrived to do our work for us. Win-win for D'Hara at least :)

Sure is! Keep on stealing our peasants!

It's also why I pushed for Terran to expand in order to gain a border with Barca, with temporary acquisitions if need be, back then.

You also don't need Rettleville yet, Rettlewood is enough. Let the rurals grow bigger first. ;)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #554: October 19, 2011, 08:02:50 PM »
Sure is! Keep on stealing our peasants!
But if you leave your realm as an advanture, you get banished for it.  :o