Author Topic: Barca  (Read 228872 times)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #570: October 29, 2011, 06:15:24 AM »
Gallaecia is stopped. Nark is slow. After that, you're probably right that you'll reach the limit of food production and fail to go past that. Rettleville is thriving though. Plenty of hungry mouths  8)

Feel free to hold your breath. Twainwood will be taken quickly enough to stave off suffocation.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #571: October 30, 2011, 08:41:14 PM »
In size we are just as large as D'Hara, now lets reach their population count.  :D
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572: October 30, 2011, 11:36:33 PM »
Well, if history holds true, D'Hara will starve themselves down to your level before too long.

Although, who knows. Maybe the new estate system will let them break their track record.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #573: October 31, 2011, 12:42:52 AM »
Terran and Barca are doing their best to make the Véinsørmoot selfsuffiecient in terms of food. However, D'Hara has a lot of mouths to feed.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #574: October 31, 2011, 05:54:05 AM »
Well, if history holds true, D'Hara will starve themselves down to your level before too long.

Although, who knows. Maybe the new estate system will let them break their track record.

Regaining Nebel, Qulbel, and Qubel Lighthouse truly will help. This is partly thanks to the new estates. Most importantly, however, will be the new estates' effect on Barca, as they are producing more and more food, and we'll be able to rely on them a lot more to feed us, as opposed to the greedy Madinians nobody likes anyways.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #575: October 31, 2011, 07:33:08 AM »
Hehe. Well, Barca will be taking Twainville shortly which will mean more mouths to feed. But Gallaecia's food output by Autumn should be impressive, and I doubt that will be the only rural region Barca takes control of this year. D'Hara probably won't be reliant on Madina, but I suspect that doesn't mean D'Hara won't continue to buy food from them. Trading hub, remember? Could get to the point where if any of the Lurian realms want to buy food, they contact D'Hara and a trader arrives through the Giask ferry route  :P

Barca's doing well beyond just the land gains though. We did lose Cedric unexpectedly, which is a genuine shame, but we're getting other nobles with a lot of potential. The election for Twainwood is surprisingly a whole lot more interesting than the election for Gallaecia was. The fact that Barca now fields an army more than capable of dealing with any monster/undead threat is also something of a comfort and milestone. I was talking to another player from Barca in the last day or two and we both were mightily impressed with how positive things are looking there right now. From my own perspective, the new estate and tax systems work quite well. We're still working some things out, more to do with how the changes effect how things like appointments are operated, but Barca is certainly seeing the benefits.

Good times  8)

Finn.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #576: October 31, 2011, 07:59:49 AM »
I hate to butt in on a Barca thread, but since we're talking about food, has anyone here seen the stats for Farrowfield? They're insane.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #577: October 31, 2011, 08:14:24 AM »
Nope. Post 'em!

Better than:
Gold:       704 gold
Food:       293 bushels

?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:16:20 AM by Carna »

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #578: October 31, 2011, 08:18:26 AM »
Gold:       754 gold
Food:       330 bushels

Gets more than most rurals!!! Dear lord...

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #579: October 31, 2011, 08:26:22 AM »
Wow. Who wants Gallaecia, eh?  ::)

The stats I posted were from Evanburg. Wurzburg is not quite as good. Then again, I never really expected the townsland around Golden Farrow to be anything less than fairly spectacular. Sorta close to what I'd expect from Under Darfix.

Any word on when that colony will be taking off? Going to wait for expansion down from Astrum or sooner to start up and meet them halfway there?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #580: October 31, 2011, 10:54:14 AM »
Gold:       754 gold
Food:       330 bushels

Gets more than most rurals!!! Dear lord...

Outer Giask
Gold:       778 gold
Food:       354 bushels
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #581: October 31, 2011, 11:22:07 AM »
We indeed have some very rich townslands on Dwilight.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #582: November 02, 2011, 05:10:33 AM »
We indeed have some very rich townslands on Dwilight.

Most of the Townslands are very nice indeed - almost bettter than most cities on FEI.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #583: November 02, 2011, 09:29:44 PM »
Walefishire wasn't bad either, for the week I had it.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #584: November 02, 2011, 11:09:06 PM »
Walefishire wasn't bad either, for the week I had it.

Yeah. it isn't quite on the scale of the others, however.