Author Topic: Barca  (Read 228783 times)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #600: December 01, 2011, 05:27:59 PM »
Yeah, I have no idea why Barca would attack the Zuma. What were we thinking?  ::)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #601: December 01, 2011, 05:29:33 PM »
Such things can usually be blamed on PMS.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #602: December 01, 2011, 05:32:20 PM »
Can you explain that in a little more detail? Because saying the Zuma have PMS - true or not - doesn't seem the best of ways to clarify the why's  :'(

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603: December 01, 2011, 05:40:09 PM »
Yeah, I have no idea why Barca would attack the Zuma. What were we thinking?  ::)
Oh, so you're not the aggressor then. Well in that case, of course your fellow Veinsormoot realms, with whom you were considering federating, will be eager to jump to your defense.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #604: December 01, 2011, 05:42:12 PM »
Such things are best shared and explained IG. I personally dislike sharing anything that deals with GM factions over the forums.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #605: December 01, 2011, 06:22:14 PM »
Cause they'll read, laugh and make the demands you said you hope they wouldnt make?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #606: December 01, 2011, 06:25:45 PM »
Cause they'll read, laugh and make the demands you said you hope they wouldnt make?

Hmm?

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #607: December 01, 2011, 06:39:50 PM »
The GM's. Not likely what you meant, obviously.

Finding out IC is always more fun though. You get to make up your mind when all the facts arn't available. Allows for disagreements, or agreements, that you wouldn't really expect knowing the full picture. Anyway, we just assume we know IC what's going on. Nothing's been confirmed, so it could be the start of another "Civilization Expanding". For all we know, the new estate system lets them hold more land too  :D

egamma

« Reply #608: December 01, 2011, 07:12:18 PM »
I think that the explanation is simple enough: Barca took Eragon (the region, not the book about the dragon) without asking for permission from the Zuma.

There's some more to the story, but I'd have to start insulting the characters in Barca, so I'll leave it at that.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #609: December 01, 2011, 07:22:28 PM »
There's some more to the story, but I'd have to start insulting the characters in Barca, so I'll leave it at that.

Well, y'know, work away IC. The new food deal with the Zuma means you've no reason not to  8)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #610: December 01, 2011, 07:35:07 PM »
Down with Barca! Their Punic culture in the inlands was doomed from the start anyway.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #611: December 04, 2011, 07:46:20 PM »
I think that the explanation is simple enough: Barca took Eragon (the region, not the book about the dragon) without asking for permission from the Zuma.

There...is? /me goes to the library to check out that book about the kid who found the dragon egg and that had two sequels about his adventures.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #612: December 04, 2011, 10:51:20 PM »
There...is? /me goes to the library to check out that book about the kid who found the dragon egg and that had two sequels about his adventures.

Don't, it sucks. Balls.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #613: December 05, 2011, 12:58:45 AM »
I finished roughly halfway into the series. And by that I mean I finished Eragon (Not Eregon, see) and read Eldest up to a while. In order to calculate the actual % I completed I would have to get a complete trilogy and look at the total pages and the pages I have read. I do not feel particularly inclined to do that because I heard that the kid doesn't get it on with the dragon in the end, but the elf chick instead. Maybe. Not sure.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #614: December 05, 2011, 01:04:41 AM »
Don't, it sucks. Balls.

I read like 100 pages, and was like "wtf, this is AWFULLY familiar..."

Then I looked it up on the internet to know how the rest of the plot unfolds. My fear war confirmed: it IS a blatant copy-paste of Star Wars into a fantasy setting. Honestly, I'm surprised the guy hasn't been sued by Lucas Arts for plagiarism (or did he?). Every single plot hook is the same as in the original trilogy.