Author Topic: Barca  (Read 226698 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #630: December 05, 2011, 10:51:26 PM »
So who's the kid's twin sister that he doesn't know is actually his sister, and the jerk dude who ends up getting hooked up with his sister. This is all very important detail you know.

Read the book and find out. ;)

Or do as I did, and google it. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #631: December 05, 2011, 11:52:56 PM »
If I could read a book and figure out the ending to Dwilight, then I'd be using that knowledge to make sure I benefit from the ending. As it stands, I have found no such book, and Google does not help in those regards.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #632: December 06, 2011, 12:38:52 AM »
If I could read a book and figure out the ending to Dwilight, then I'd be using that knowledge to make sure I benefit from the ending. As it stands, I have found no such book, and Google does not help in those regards.

Here you go.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #633: December 21, 2011, 11:42:07 AM »
Am I the only Barcan player who's getting a major pain in his/her arse over, well, just about everything that's !@#$ed up at the moment? And no, I'm not talking about the Zuma, though there is certainly aspects there that'd make me play less and others almost not at all. How long does a holiday go on for? Cause, y'know, that means troops can't be paid because bonds can't be cashed because, unlike stable islands, you get your tax in bonds even when you're in your own duchy. Can't cash bonds? Can't pay troops. That's Rettleville. Sure, go to Twainville. Except that there's more Zuma in Twainwood than Barca's entire military. Zuma demand food? Can't, because we can't send food to a realm we're at war with. Winter in a week or so? Pah, who cares that our harvest has been delayed too.

I am bitching, despite the fact that I get its a testing island. Primarily I'm bitching because its getting downright unplayable in Barca right now. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way since my brother, who it took me ages to get playing, has now pretty much lost interest because of all this. What I want to know is if the Zuma's threat of destroying Barca is that big a deal to anyone? Not me. The bugs we're being inflicted with seem to be doing that far more effectively.

!@#$ed up, if you ask me. This is meant to be fun?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #634: December 21, 2011, 11:51:01 AM »
Am I the only Barcan player who's getting a major pain in his/her arse over, well, just about everything that's !@#$ed up at the moment? And no, I'm not talking about the Zuma, though there is certainly aspects there that'd make me play less and others almost not at all. How long does a holiday go on for? Cause, y'know, that means troops can't be paid because bonds can't be cashed because, unlike stable islands, you get your tax in bonds even when you're in your own duchy. Can't cash bonds? Can't pay troops. That's Rettleville. Sure, go to Twainville. Except that there's more Zuma in Twainwood than Barca's entire military. Zuma demand food? Can't, because we can't send food to a realm we're at war with. Winter in a week or so? Pah, who cares that our harvest has been delayed too.

I am bitching, despite the fact that I get its a testing island. Primarily I'm bitching because its getting downright unplayable in Barca right now. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way since my brother, who it took me ages to get playing, has now pretty much lost interest because of all this. What I want to know is if the Zuma's threat of destroying Barca is that big a deal to anyone? Not me. The bugs we're being inflicted with seem to be doing that far more effectively.

!@#$ed up, if you ask me. This is meant to be fun?

First I've heard about the holiday issue. Has anyone posted about this earlier? And have you sent a OOC to the Zuma about the bugs that you are facing? I doubt the GM would want to see the realm fail due to some bugs.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:53:44 AM by De-Legro »
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635: December 21, 2011, 01:34:23 PM »
First I've heard about not being able to cash bonds. Have you posted a bug report about that?

Have you told the Zuma you can't sell them food because of the war declaration? I'm pretty sure that if you remind them of this, they will understand, and perhaps you can work out something else with them.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #636: December 21, 2011, 01:47:34 PM »
First I've heard about not being able to cash bonds. Have you posted a bug report about that?

Have you told the Zuma you can't sell them food because of the war declaration? I'm pretty sure that if you remind them of this, they will understand, and perhaps you can work out something else with them.

Not being able to cash bonds was because the city was stuck in an eternal holiday. I've committed a fix that I think corrects this problem.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637: December 21, 2011, 01:48:40 PM »
Not being able to cash bonds was because the city was stuck in an eternal holiday.
Barca: The New Orleans of Dwilight.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Rogi

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #638: December 21, 2011, 07:54:16 PM »
I've added some problems today to the bugtracker, and one of them was the holiday thing. I hope it is solved, as we have several nobles with units unpaid since 11 days ago.

I also ask all nobles of Barca to report all problems to the bugtracker, let's see if we restore normality. I agree that since the new estate system was established in Dwilights several problems have appeared.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #639: December 22, 2011, 01:58:08 AM »
I've added some problems today to the bugtracker, and one of them was the holiday thing. I hope it is solved, as we have several nobles with units unpaid since 11 days ago.

I also ask all nobles of Barca to report all problems to the bugtracker, let's see if we restore normality. I agree that since the new estate system was established in Dwilights several problems have appeared.

Better to post them in this thread as we requested. They are much more likely to get priority fixes here then if they are posted to the bug tracker.

Rogi

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #640: January 07, 2012, 02:58:30 PM »
Since long ago, in the link of Realms and Regions, the region of Thysan appears without a lord, but it actually has one since a lot of time. If you click on the region of Thysan and see the region details you notice that there is a lord, but not in the realms and regions page.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #641: January 07, 2012, 09:00:17 PM »
Once again, there is a thread for this in Development, post it there.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #642: June 28, 2012, 10:01:42 PM »
Ah, it looks like Aurvandil is invading Barca. Or doing something stupid to try provoke war. I honestly don't know why anyone was left in the realm. (Did I mention that some more Saxons went there recently?)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #643: June 28, 2012, 10:06:20 PM »
Ah, it looks like Aurvandil is invading Barca. Or doing something stupid to try provoke war. I honestly don't know why anyone was left in the realm. (Did I mention that some more Saxons went there recently?)

Sucks to be Barca, then.

Should be interesting to see what, if anything, Terran and D'Hara decide to do about it. In theory they would be bound by their alliance to help if I understand its terms correctly, but part of me wonders whether they've got the nerve to even try taking on the machine running out of Candiels.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #644: June 28, 2012, 10:19:30 PM »
Saw the report from Rettlewood. It doesn't appear Barca stands any chance of defense. But then again, I could be wrong.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)