Author Topic: Barca  (Read 226962 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #645: June 28, 2012, 11:51:58 PM »
Saw the report from Rettlewood. It doesn't appear Barca stands any chance of defense. But then again, I could be wrong.

I would like to know what's defending Rettleville... I have only seen the scout report of Rettlewood.

Does anyone know how much CS/gold can generally be expected in militia dumps?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #646: June 29, 2012, 03:58:14 AM »
Oh, we'll support Barca for sure.

Moot realms can't opt out of defending each other from naked aggression. The Kabrinskia war was tricky because Terran declared it. This isn't tricky. Terran would have supported Barca attacking Aurvandil months ago; we'll certainly support defending them now.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647: June 29, 2012, 04:08:33 AM »
I wish you the best of luck. Really. Buti have a feeling we're going to be saying goodbye to Barca, unless a diplomatic solution can be found. The question then is whether or not that makes the Veinsormoot completely irrelevant.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #648: June 29, 2012, 04:15:46 AM »
I wish you the best of luck. Really. Buti have a feeling we're going to be saying goodbye to Barca, unless a diplomatic solution can be found. The question then is whether or not that makes the Veinsormoot completely irrelevant.

+1

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #649: June 29, 2012, 04:48:36 AM »

+2
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #650: June 29, 2012, 04:49:34 AM »

+3

We'll be hoping for a miracle.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #651: June 29, 2012, 05:59:29 AM »
*shudders*

I would rather fight the Zuma than Aurvandil.

The sucky part is that they seem pretty set on wiping the 'Moot out as much as they can and escalating the war as much as possible.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #652: June 29, 2012, 06:37:56 AM »
You had a bunch of clanners on your doorstep and took no precautions for when they inevitably attacked you? Even after some of their members betrayed Barca and took their regions to Aurvandil?

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #653: June 29, 2012, 07:46:26 AM »
I would rather fight the Zuma than Aurvandil.

Since you brought them up, recall a certain someone with connections to the Zuma will soon be at Terran's door... The question is whether or not you want to make a deal with the devil.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #654: June 29, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »
Since you brought them up, recall a certain someone with connections to the Zuma will soon be at Terran's door... The question is whether or not you want to make a deal with the devil.

I don't think it would be that easy to get the Zuma to do your dirty work.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #655: June 29, 2012, 02:12:58 PM »
Aurvandil's might, fully mobilized and ready, is lesser than the 'moot's might, unprepared and unmobilized.

I don't expect to require a miracle at all, though indeed Barca's gonna bleed some.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #656: June 29, 2012, 02:18:15 PM »
Aurvandil's might, fully mobilized and ready, is lesser than the 'moot's might, unprepared and unmobilized.

I don't expect to require a miracle at all, though indeed Barca's gonna bleed some.

Raw CS numbers are only part of what's going to make this hard. Sure, maybe you can put together more CS, but can you make it turn on a dime?

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #657: June 29, 2012, 04:59:26 PM »
They will fight for a few days and then their senates will start crying about war fatigue. They will end up signing a convoluted peace treaty that is so binding it leaves only enough leeway to barely scratch ones own butt. But there will be peace! Oh glorius peace!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #658: June 29, 2012, 05:08:22 PM »
Aurvandil is exactly what Dwilight needs...

Just make sure they stay in the south.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659: June 29, 2012, 05:23:19 PM »
Aurvandil is exactly what Beluaterra needs...

Just make sure they stay in the south.

Fixed it for you :)