Author Topic: Barca  (Read 226687 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #660: June 29, 2012, 05:26:44 PM »
They will fight for a few days and then their senates will start crying about war fatigue. They will end up signing a convoluted peace treaty that is so binding it leaves only enough leeway to barely scratch ones own butt. But there will be peace! Oh glorius peace!

Yes, because we have such a history of that...
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #661: June 29, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »
Nt
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:58:51 PM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #662: June 29, 2012, 05:46:59 PM »
Kale is good for you.

I salute Barca's courage and unswerving flame letters in the face of the Aurvandilian army. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #663: June 29, 2012, 05:55:10 PM »
Nt
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:59:08 PM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #664: June 29, 2012, 06:18:47 PM »
Aurvandil's might, fully mobilized and ready, is lesser than the 'moot's might, unprepared and unmobilized.

I don't expect to require a miracle at all, though indeed Barca's gonna bleed some.

That would imply Aurvandil has brought it's full might to bear, and not instead, left a considerable chunk at home. We don't need to send our full mobile army to deal with Barca, that would just be needlessly expensive in terms of equipment repair.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #665: June 29, 2012, 07:34:46 PM »
That would imply Aurvandil has brought it's full might to bear, and not instead, left a considerable chunk at home. We don't need to send our full mobile army to deal with Barca, that would just be needlessly expensive in terms of equipment repair.

The scary part:

There's a good chance that he's not bluffing. There's 29 nobles in Rettlewood. That leaves 25 more unaccounted for. Assuming a similar CS to noble ratio, there could be another 25k CS or so out there.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #666: June 29, 2012, 08:03:46 PM »
The scary part:

There's a good chance that he's not bluffing. There's 29 nobles in Rettlewood. That leaves 25 more unaccounted for. Assuming a similar CS to noble ratio, there could be another 25k CS or so out there.

Gotta love the 90/90 Inf RC that seems eternally fully stocked eh ;)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667: June 29, 2012, 08:11:26 PM »
Those are always very nice.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #668: June 29, 2012, 08:13:08 PM »
The scary part:

39 nobles, and the really scary part is we still aren't even close to full potential, we had to make sure every noble had enough gold to stay in the field for two-three weeks, as well as keeping gold behind for our other nobles and lords clearing out the rogues in the east, and not all of our units are up to the standards set due to the massive winter time travels to the east and the constant monster outbreaks.

Gotta love the 90/90 Inf RC that seems eternally fully stocked eh ;)

That and the 95/70 range four S.F.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #669: June 29, 2012, 08:27:27 PM »
39 nobles, and the really scary part is we still aren't even close to full potential, we had to make sure every noble had enough gold to stay in the field for two-three weeks, as well as keeping gold behind for our other nobles and lords clearing out the rogues in the east, and not all of our units are up to the standards set due to the massive winter time travels to the east and the constant monster outbreaks.

The scout report I saw was 29 nobles, but it's at least one turn old. And I don't know about the units not being up to standard. You were averaging close to 1k CS per unit on the scout report I saw  :P

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #670: June 29, 2012, 08:31:21 PM »
The scout report I saw was 29 nobles, but it's at least one turn old. And I don't know about the units not being up to standard. You were averaging close to 1k CS per unit on the scout report I saw  :P

Well it's 39 now, and the standard is basically 70-80 men of the 90/90 Infantry, obviously much, much higher archers, and about half that for Special Forces. For any other types of Infantry, like the 70/90 the standard is also higher. But with so much fighting in the east we couldn't bring everyone up to the strength in time.

1kcs per unit is about right for Aurvandil, we managed a similar feat when we fought Madina through a lot of training and communal funding.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #671: June 29, 2012, 08:48:19 PM »
Full 90/90 is the best.  You just walk into the capital, and come out the next turn with a 1k CS unit.  Constant draft ftw. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #672: June 29, 2012, 08:51:55 PM »
Full 90/90 is the best.  You just walk into the capital, and come out the next turn with a 1k CS unit.  Constant draft ftw. :)

Aurvandil prides itself on highly efficient drafting, helps that all of our best Infantry RC's are in the capital, or in Tower Fatmilak.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #673: June 29, 2012, 10:10:36 PM »
Raw CS numbers are only part of what's going to make this hard. Sure, maybe you can put together more CS, but can you make it turn on a dime?

True. But then you have to consider that the 'moot was probably the least anti-Aurvandil bloc on the continent...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674: June 29, 2012, 10:29:30 PM »
Not anymore, eh?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.