Author Topic: Barca  (Read 228813 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Barca
« Reply #90: April 15, 2011, 12:41:54 PM »
I had an excellent vacation on the human northern side of the East Continent.

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: May 25, 2011, 02:55:13 AM »
So in other news, Barca has 4 regions now. 1 mostly by a misunderstanding on my part (it's nice being the only guy in the realm with a TO unit). Oh, and our banker went MIA.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: May 25, 2011, 04:05:47 AM »
yay Barca! Was the misunderstanding Celtibrea, cause it's probably gonna work out for you guys if you have the manpower to keep it
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: May 25, 2011, 05:12:01 AM »
It was. Apparently I was only supposed to scout, but I started a takeover on my own. Council wasn't too pleased but it's not like they're really out anything by it.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: May 25, 2011, 05:28:06 AM »
It was. Apparently I was only supposed to scout, but I started a takeover on my own. Council wasn't too pleased but it's not like they're really out anything by it.

What I love about Barca's expansion is that they are stealing my peasants (less mouths to feed while still maintaining enough pop for 100% production) while increasing their food output (which I am eager to start collecting).

Quite happy with how this is turning out indeed.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: May 25, 2011, 11:41:05 AM »
Yes, now go produce food already!! ;D

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #96: May 25, 2011, 12:08:28 PM »
People are going hungry in both Rettlewood and Thysan. We need our nobles to get those region producing at their maximum capacity for their current population. And the whole takeover became chaotic because it was not organised. But well, who could imagine that the region would fall for the takeover, even though for the last two days we had abandoned it.  ;)
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: May 25, 2011, 12:34:36 PM »
People are going hungry in both Rettlewood and Thysan. We need our nobles to get those region producing at their maximum capacity for their current population. And the whole takeover became chaotic because it was not organised. But well, who could imagine that the region would fall for the takeover, even though for the last two days we had abandoned it.  ;)

Haha, yeah...Its rather odd how the takeover continues even if the region is abandoned. Got to do with how much they want to join the realm. I remember something similar happened to Hyperion(?) in Caerwyn - he started a takeover in Lavendrow I think it was, then left the region. The takeover continued, and the region converted. People were angered by the takeover, because it had not been sanctioned (etc), and he just denied it, because he wasn't in the region when it converted ;)

On an aside, I've never seen undead try to take over a region before, and so quickly! Only ever seen monsters try it, and that was after quite a while in the region.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: May 25, 2011, 02:20:47 PM »
How are you going to deny starting a takeover when the whole realm is notified when you start one? ???

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: May 25, 2011, 02:38:14 PM »
So in other news, Barca has 4 regions now. 1 mostly by a misunderstanding on my part (it's nice being the only guy in the realm with a TO unit). Oh, and our banker went MIA.

And congrats to you guys. That's going well. Now you just need to get estates set up and get some infrastructure.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: May 25, 2011, 05:26:48 PM »
How are you going to deny starting a takeover when the whole realm is notified when you start one? ???

Eh, he managed it somehow. Caerwyn is a strange place.

And congrats to you guys. That's going well. Now you just need to get estates set up and get some infrastructure.

I'm wondering whether gold or infrastructure will be the main problem in the long run. I suspect things are easier now due to the excess of adventurers in Dwilight, but still a great effort!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:42:06 PM by Bael »

cjnodell

« Reply #101: May 25, 2011, 06:58:47 PM »
I ma y be a pessimist but I do not see us keeping these newly gained regions for long...

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: May 25, 2011, 07:37:48 PM »
Eh, he managed it somehow. Caerwyn is a strange place.

Japan is a strange place. Caerwyn just sounds... stupid :P

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: May 25, 2011, 10:58:18 PM »
I ma y be a pessimist but I do not see us keeping these newly gained regions for long...

No, Celtiberia will be very hard to hold. But you had darn well better hold Rettlewood and Thysan. We worked hard enough to get ya'll into those places, if you go and lose'em even with Terran and D'Haran armies routinely supporting you, I'll be more than a little miffed. At least hold Rettlewood.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: May 26, 2011, 04:08:53 AM »
No, Celtiberia will be very hard to hold. But you had darn well better hold Rettlewood and Thysan. We worked hard enough to get ya'll into those places, if you go and lose'em even with Terran and D'Haran armies routinely supporting you, I'll be more than a little miffed. At least hold Rettlewood.

It's a game of luck. If monsters are tame, growth will be exponential. Celtiberia and Thysan will quickly grow, providing you with food surpluses, an income, and a source for troops. The food surplus can then be sold to D'Hara to get more gold. Which in turn can help you fight the rogues.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron