Author Topic: Which Medieval Ruler...  (Read 3069 times)

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
Re: Which Medieval Ruler...
« Reply #15: August 07, 2012, 08:07:10 PM »
Given what I know of Richard I that may not be perfect, but probably isnt terribly far off actually. Edmund can get awfully grumpy about all sorts of things when his mood isnt right.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 07, 2012, 08:16:05 PM »
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 07, 2012, 08:37:32 PM »
Fred 1 was still a pretty awesome Emperor.

Richard I also died from hubris: he managed to get all the way out to the Holy Land and back on Crusade and was walking around during some siege or the other, I think back in England, when an archer on the walls spotted him and shot him. Wound infected, dead King.

"What do you mean, I shouldn't be walking around? Nobody can hit me from this distance!"

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 08, 2012, 04:36:07 AM »
I'd say Charlemagne but I don't want to die a silly fatass because I wanted to take a bath wearing chainmail and get stuffed in a pickle barrel and carted back home in disgrace. Smooth move, Holy Roman Emperor, smooth.

Or was that someone else? *shrug* I'm a little iffy on the HRE's history.

You are thinking of Barbarossa.

Edit: note to self- check page two of responses -.-
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 04:38:49 AM by Lefanis »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 08, 2012, 05:30:25 AM »
Machiavelli

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niccol%C3%B2_Machiavelli

Technically not a ruler, but still.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 08, 2012, 07:29:07 AM »
Saladin, if Saladin was female and celtic.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 08, 2012, 10:11:27 AM »
I... have no idea. Caspius is an ensemble of every negative trait, plus courage, conviction, and zealotry, of several medieval rulers. I can't peg any from my mind off the bat, but I'll look through a list shortly unless someone wants to help out :P.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #22: August 08, 2012, 09:44:28 PM »
Julius Caesar, if he was female, led the Carthagians to victory against Rome, and was a big hulking man riding elephants across the Nile.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 12, 2012, 05:51:16 PM »
Margaret of York only more religious maybe?