Author Topic: Fronen: The unluckiest realm ever.  (Read 42514 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Fronen: The unluckiest realm ever.
« Reply #30: August 17, 2012, 07:05:52 PM »
8?  I thought the series ended at 7. 8)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

ShadySoulja

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: August 17, 2012, 07:35:04 PM »
8?  I thought the series ended at 7. 8)

There is 8, 9, 10, 11 and some crappy online ones to lol

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: August 17, 2012, 08:02:06 PM »
What, exactly does everyone have against Squall here? He has done nothing more then work on his city since he was named Duke back when Bara'Khur took the city. So everyone is holding a grudge cause of what? Cause he was Duke for so long, or what? I don't understand where the hate for him is coming from.

Yeah he just lied and did some backstabbing when first joined Fronen, that helped Fronen to go to war...
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: August 17, 2012, 08:31:58 PM »
For the record, I told Diana it would be a terrible idea to accept Wudenkin Duchy into our realm. Unfortunately, she was not much for listening, even after Carnes and I both started to warn her about what was coming, though by that point I am certain that it was already too late.

ShadySoulja

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: August 17, 2012, 09:57:57 PM »
Squall had two choices, take his duchy to Fronen (or OG/Sint I guess where also options), or watch as the nobles who created Nothoi take most of the regions and watch his city starve and be taken.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: August 17, 2012, 10:37:42 PM »
Squall had two choices, take his duchy to Fronen (or OG/Sint I guess where also options), or watch as the nobles who created Nothoi take most of the regions and watch his city starve and be taken.

Indeed, and it worked out well enough for you personally. It was very unwise of Diana and Fronen to accept Wudenkin though. We basically lost an ally and gained an enemy, all for one Duchy, plus I think that event is what really planted the seed for the anti-Fronen coalition. As you can see from what eventually happened, that turned out to be a big problem for us. Who knows what might have happened if we'd simply banned you and returned the Duchy? Or if we'd helped Bara'Khur retake Wudenkin in the event that you seceded? It might not have turned out any differently, or perhaps even worse, but it was obvious at the time that it wasn't a good idea.

ShadySoulja

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: August 17, 2012, 11:33:28 PM »
Squall discussed things with Diana in great detail, I had a secondary plan in place but Diana assured me that it was safe for Wudenkin and other regions to join Fronen, and she would handle explaining the situation to the other realms. To hold Squall accountable for Diana not speaking to the other rulers and preparing properly like she said she was is just wrong. If Squall had any inclination that things would go the way they did then the secondary plan would have been put into action instead. Plus these posts obviously have a lot of 20/20 hindsight lol, if I could go back I would have made a different choice, esp knowing how poorly Diana handled the whole thing.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #37: August 17, 2012, 11:51:27 PM »
IC, no one really has anyway to know that however.  It simply makes sense to put some of the blame on you.  What with you still being around. :P

ShadySoulja

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: August 17, 2012, 11:56:57 PM »
IC, no one really has anyway to know that however.  It simply makes sense to put some of the blame on you.  What with you still being around. :P

lol classic...and even tho it's against me I still can't help but agree. Two parties involved, only one is left to put blame on, makes sense.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: August 18, 2012, 03:27:58 AM »
lol classic...and even tho it's against me I still can't help but agree. Two parties involved, only one is left to put blame on, makes sense.

For someone whom lost that city in a duel with a woman, you seem intent on claiming it ;P

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: August 18, 2012, 05:16:25 AM »

Whoosh!

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: August 18, 2012, 05:20:39 AM »

11 is an online as is 14, offline also has 10 2, 12, 13, 13 2 as well as 1-7 all being rereleased on ds/gba/pc and several spinoff games but there probably wont be anymore ever. So yeah.

ShadySoulja

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: August 18, 2012, 03:12:43 PM »
11 is an online as is 14, offline also has 10 2, 12, 13, 13 2 as well as 1-7 all being rereleased on ds/gba/pc and several spinoff games but there probably wont be anymore ever. So yeah.

It's simply awesome that you know all that :)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: August 18, 2012, 04:54:31 PM »
Squall discussed things with Diana in great detail, I had a secondary plan in place but Diana assured me that it was safe for Wudenkin and other regions to join Fronen, and she would handle explaining the situation to the other realms. To hold Squall accountable for Diana not speaking to the other rulers and preparing properly like she said she was is just wrong. If Squall had any inclination that things would go the way they did then the secondary plan would have been put into action instead. Plus these posts obviously have a lot of 20/20 hindsight lol, if I could go back I would have made a different choice, esp knowing how poorly Diana handled the whole thing.

Oh, I don't blame Squall at all. I blame Diana. I was against letting Wudenkin join us at the time though, even if I hadn't yet predicted exactly what was going to happen. The way I saw it, we were transforming a solid ally on our flank into a power vacuum that we would have no choice but to try to fill. We failed, and ended up with an enemy sitting where an ally used to be.

ShadySoulja

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: August 18, 2012, 08:18:56 PM »
Oh, I don't blame Squall at all. I blame Diana. I was against letting Wudenkin join us at the time though, even if I hadn't yet predicted exactly what was going to happen. The way I saw it, we were transforming a solid ally on our flank into a power vacuum that we would have no choice but to try to fill. We failed, and ended up with an enemy sitting where an ally used to be.

Ah ok now I understand your point, thank you for explaining. I didn't think of that, and makes me wish even more that I went with my second choice. Oh well though, can't change the past, all we can really do is keep working towards our future goals. I know it's going to be very interesting to see how Beluaterra develops, and how politics change.