Author Topic: APPROVED: Sorting by Rank should sort by hierarchy rank, not alphabetically  (Read 2312 times)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
    Summary: Fix ranks so that a hidden number reflects position in the hierarchy so that sorting the /leaderlist.php table doesn't do so alphabetically.  Ie. Royal, Noble, Lord Knight will be come Royal, Duke, Lord, Knight, Noble.
    Details:  Each rank gets a value from 1-5 so that they can be properly sorted.  The value can then be reflected with the text call from a table of names.
    Benefits: Trying to see who has what rank in the realm and who is above or below whom is tough.
    Possible Exploits: None.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:44:11 PM by egamma »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
This is all part of the transition to the new tablesorter. It takes some time to get all the sorting parsers set up.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
It's always been sorted alphabetically.  Unless things on the backend are also going to be changed to reflect rank values numerically this won't change.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
It's always been sorted alphabetically.  Unless things on the backend are also going to be changed to reflect rank values numerically this won't change.

Has it?

There's no more reason that should be the case than sorting time in realm alphabetically. It's all just done by Javascript.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
It has, always been a minor annoyance to me.  Finally saying something about it.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Writing parsers for dataTables is nice and easy, I've done it before for another project. So yes, this will come. Please write up a bug report so we don't forget it.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Actually, I fixed the rank sorter a long while ago.  So it might've seemed to still be alphabetical but it's been correctly sorting for a long time until now when we're changing tablesorting.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.