Author Topic: Character Limits  (Read 17692 times)

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Character Limits
« Topic Start: March 30, 2011, 06:39:37 AM »
So, I know that there is a wiki article about Character Limits but it is far lacking in the sort of specific information that I want.

The thing is that currently I have am able to have 3 Active characters and 3 noble characters. I want to know when I am able to get a 4th active character and a 4th noble character. (And don't just say donate, because my personal circumstances prevent that, although I would if I could. )

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/CharacterLimits

So the article says that you can get a 4th active character through either being a long term player, or by gaining medals from the medal system. How long is "long-term?" Also, exactly how many medals do we need to be considered noteworthy by the medal system? I currently have 3 medals, so obviously this is not enough, or its a bug that I don't have the character. Also, my account has been active for over 2.5 years as of right now, but I've been playing far longer than that. (Old account pass was lost, so I had to recreate it. I'd been playing at least 2 years before the current account).

The article also states that family fame is the determining factor for when you can have a fourth noble character, and I'm wondering what threshold it is that I need to pass to reach this 4th noble character point. It isn't as pressing as wanting a 4th active character, because I plan to make the new one an adventurer anyway to start with, but would like to know anyway. My fame is currently at 27 which I would consider quite significant so, I'm wondering exactly how much someone is expected to get to...

Zakilevo

Re: Character Limits
« Reply #1: March 30, 2011, 08:37:45 AM »
Pretty sure if you want to get 4th NOBLE character, you have to donate.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 30, 2011, 08:55:23 AM »
Pretty sure if you want to get 4th NOBLE character, you have to donate.

Not true.

I'm not a donor, but can have 4 nobles. I just choose to have an advie.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: March 30, 2011, 08:57:36 AM »
I have 3 nobles but cannot make advanturer :( started off with 3 nobles.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 30, 2011, 01:31:38 PM »
Family Fame: 28
Medals: 9 trust, 9 roleplaying, 2 fun
Character limits are: 11 characters total, 4 active at the same time, 4 of those can be nobles

So at least with those numbers you can have 4 nobles. Could be that you're just one fame point away ;)
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 30, 2011, 02:03:01 PM »
Fame: 24
Medals: 4 trust, 1 RP
Donate: Yes
Character limits are: 8 total, 5 active, 5 nobles

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 30, 2011, 03:49:22 PM »
Fame: 24
Medals: 4 trust, 1 RP
Donate: Yes
Character limits are: 8 total, 5 active, 5 nobles

That's really weird, based upon these numbers, I should already have the ability to play 4 nobles.

Fame: 27
Medals: 3 trust
Donate: No
Character Limits are: 8 total, 3 active, 3 noble

Can a Dev say one way or another on this?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #7: March 30, 2011, 04:19:28 PM »
That's really weird, based upon these numbers, I should already have the ability to play 4 nobles.

Differences:
Donate: Yes for Sacha
Medals: 5 for Sacha
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 30, 2011, 05:07:36 PM »
Sahca has had his account one day more than you. Maybe you should wait until tomorrow and check again?  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 30, 2011, 06:23:49 PM »
Differences:

Differences:
---------
The above refer to character limits,

However there is also the fame difference which should be the only thing that is holding be back from 4 noble characters. Except, I have 27 fame, he has 24 fame. So, I should have access to 4 nobles while he has 5 because of donate, if his amount of 24 fame is enough.

--------------
Sahca has had his account one day more than you. Maybe you should wait until tomorrow and check again?  ;D

For some reason, I find it odd that that might work. Mainly because I expect that he's had access to that many characters for more than one day, and because something along the lines of 2 years, 9 months, and 2.8 weeks doesn't seem like a real number as far as determining when you get another character.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #10: March 30, 2011, 06:31:56 PM »
Differences:
---------
The above refer to character limits,

What I said refers to Active Limit, and you cannot have more nobles than active.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 30, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »
How can you get 4 active characters of which only 3 may become a noble?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 30, 2011, 08:14:14 PM »
How can you get 4 active characters of which only 3 may become a noble?

Adventurers.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 30, 2011, 08:55:09 PM »
I currently have:

17 Fame
6 Trust Medals
1 Fun Medal

I do not donate and started almost a year to the day after Silverfire family.
I can have 4 characters active, 3 noble, 1 adventurer.

So you need to get one or two more medals I reckon, as seen from both my experience and Sacha's. Once I get more fame, I will likely be able to have 4 nobles active. That shouldn't be a problem for you though Silver  ;)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 30, 2011, 09:23:36 PM »

I'm thinking you have too few medals. I don't see why more characters should be given based on fame: it should be given based on contribution to the game, which seems most easily measured through proxy variables like donation, length of time, and medals.

My own setup is:
Fame: 30
Medals: 18 trust, 9 roleplaying, 9 fun
Character Limits are: 11 total, 4 active, 4 noble

And, my the beard of Zeus, I sometimes forget I've been playing this game for almost 6 years. I remember when I was the new kid on the block. Still feel like it with geezers like Tim hangin' around.

Whatever the case, I expect I'm closing to maxing out the character limits without donating, based on time, fame, and/or medals. So if you don't have as many character slots as you expect... hope you get medals?

Though there is not reason to complain about 3 characters, IMHO. That used to be all any non-donor got.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner