Author Topic: Character Limits  (Read 17780 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Character Limits
« Reply #15: March 30, 2011, 09:24:43 PM »
Though there is not reason to complain about 3 characters, IMHO. That used to be all any non-donor got.

I forgot to add, "Back in my day, when we had to walk across broken glass uphill both ways just to move from one region to the next."
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 30, 2011, 09:26:10 PM »
What I said refers to Active Limit, and you cannot have more nobles than active.

Ahh, yes that is what I meant, but not what I said.

The active limit seems to be the operating point. I seem to have easily reached the threshold where I can have 4 noble characters, but have yet to reach the point where I can have 4 active characters. Quite frustrating it seems.

So, there are two methods by which I can get one more active character:(ignoring donation)

1. A certain amount of time being in the game. (Long-Term player)
2. A certain number of medals achieved. (Good contributing players)

So, for 1. Does anyone know how long this needs to be?
2. I believe we've nailed it down to being 5 medals at least?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 30, 2011, 09:47:28 PM »
The Indirik family from Montauban has a fame of 37 and 9986 gold of family wealth.
Your character limits are: 11 characters total, 5 active at the same time, 5 of those can be nobles
Donor: Yes

Trust: (15)
Roleplaying: (4)
Fun: (2)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 30, 2011, 10:01:08 PM »
I'm thinking you have too few medals. I don't see why more characters should be given based on fame: it should be given based on contribution to the game, which seems most easily measured through proxy variables like donation, length of time, and medals.

More "noble" characters are given based upon fame, by what the wiki says. If the wiki is wrong, that would be good to know as well.

Though there is not reason to complain about 3 characters, IMHO. That used to be all any non-donor got.

I'm not complaining about having 3 Active characters, I am just interested when I will be able to have 4 characters, because comparing my statistics to other players who have slightly lower stats than me in some areas, but have more characters, it has piqued by interest. I like playing the game, and look forward to opening up a 4th career of a character. Right now, I can only have 3 storylines, going at once, and I am looking forward to some more. I don't want to lose any of my current characters as they are each individually very unique, but I want to try out a third continent once again. Is there something wrong with wanting to further add to the game?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #19: March 30, 2011, 10:40:14 PM »
Ahh, yes that is what I meant, but not what I said.

The active limit seems to be the operating point. I seem to have easily reached the threshold where I can have 4 noble characters, but have yet to reach the point where I can have 4 active characters. Quite frustrating it seems.

So, there are two methods by which I can get one more active character:(ignoring donation)

1. A certain amount of time being in the game. (Long-Term player)
2. A certain number of medals achieved. (Good contributing players)

So, for 1. Does anyone know how long this needs to be?
2. I believe we've nailed it down to being 5 medals at least?
1. About 3 years IIRC.
2. Yes.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 02, 2011, 02:59:33 AM »
I just realized something. I got my 5th active character slot before I got my 5th medal...

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 02, 2011, 07:32:57 AM »
I just realized something. I got my 5th active character slot before I got my 5th medal...

Um, that is really interesting. Any way to explain it? Could 4 medals be the limit?

Zakilevo

« Reply #22: April 02, 2011, 07:40:55 AM »
It's definitely not three. cuz I have three and my limit is 3 nobles.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 02, 2011, 07:41:48 AM »
It's definitely not three. cuz I have three and my limit is 3 nobles.

I have 3 as well....That's what I'm trying to nail down.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 02, 2011, 01:29:51 PM »
Fame: 33
Your character limits are: 13 characters total, 4 active at the same time, 4 of those can be nobles
Donor: no

Meh, I was stupid enough to go to Dwilight with one of my characters. Demand refund!  ;D
Ardet nec consumitur.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #25: April 02, 2011, 08:33:02 PM »
Can someone post the point at which I will be able to have 3 active nobles?

Have 4 fame, been playing for seven months, have no medals, and can currently have two active nobles.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 08:35:13 PM by Gustav Kuriga »

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #26: April 02, 2011, 09:42:46 PM »
Can someone post the point at which I will be able to have 3 active nobles?

Have 4 fame, been playing for seven months, have no medals, and can currently have two active nobles.

I believe you need more fame.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Zakilevo

« Reply #27: April 03, 2011, 01:18:48 AM »
Thats weird. I made my 3rd noble after playing for 2 weeks.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 03, 2011, 01:47:17 AM »
Maybe it's some kind of composite score with thresholds rather than a checklist. Like, a certain amount of medals gets you X "points" IF it is coincident with X threshold of fame?

Does it say something bad about me that such a system sounds like something I would do?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #29: April 03, 2011, 04:00:44 AM »
Thats weird. I made my 3rd noble after playing for 2 weeks.

Huh, what are your family stats?