Author Topic: Character Limits  (Read 17882 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Character Limits
« Reply #30: April 03, 2011, 04:05:41 AM »
I don't think there are any reqs for 3 active nobles as long as your profile is public. That was the same under the old system, and the major change was that more total characters can be played, and more active characters can be played after meeting certain reqs. But the 3 active nobles sounds like something available from the start so long as you make your family profile public.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #31: April 03, 2011, 04:08:38 AM »
No, that's for how many active characters you can have. I just checked.

egamma

« Reply #32: April 03, 2011, 07:06:01 AM »
From the wiki:
Initially, you can have 3 characters active. You begin the game as a minor noble family, which only has two noble character active at any time.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 03, 2011, 01:40:23 PM »
Speaking of character limits, the first two sentences of this page are now outdated:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Adventurer

Was this an intentional change in the game, and should the wiki now be changed to reflect the current state, not the prior state?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #34: April 03, 2011, 02:21:33 PM »
Speaking of character limits, the first two sentences of this page are now outdated:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Adventurer

Was this an intentional change in the game, and should the wiki now be changed to reflect the current state, not the prior state?

Removed it.  Those who would like to put in a more detailed description of requirements to replace it feel free to do so.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #35: April 03, 2011, 03:47:28 PM »
From the wiki:
Initially, you can have 3 characters active. You begin the game as a minor noble family, which only has two noble character active at any time.

That doesn't answer my question. What do I need to have 3 nobles active at the same time?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #36: April 03, 2011, 06:00:03 PM »
That doesn't answer my question. What do I need to have 3 nobles active at the same time?

I have already answered the question, please read my previous post.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #37: April 03, 2011, 09:06:40 PM »
How does a page about adventurers tell about what I need to get three active nobles?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #38: April 03, 2011, 09:33:32 PM »
I believe you need more fame.

That's the post, not the immediately preceding post.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: April 13, 2011, 08:32:06 AM »
I can confirm that the 4th active character slot is received upon reception of at least 5 medals. I was at 3 and had hoped to catalogue whether it was at 4 or 5 that the cutoff was, but I found a way to gain 2 medals in a single day somehow and that blew me away, but I was thus not able to confirm 4 or 5. My guess is 5 simply because of the ease of using that number.

Anyway, that's the confirmation at least.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: April 13, 2011, 09:07:15 AM »
I can confirm that the 4th active character slot is received upon reception of at least 5 medals. I was at 3 and had hoped to catalogue whether it was at 4 or 5 that the cutoff was, but I found a way to gain 2 medals in a single day somehow and that blew me away, but I was thus not able to confirm 4 or 5. My guess is 5 simply because of the ease of using that number.

Anyway, that's the confirmation at least.

I can also recently confirm this. 5 it is.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Zakilevo

« Reply #41: April 14, 2011, 10:35:08 AM »
yep it is five. I have four and still haven't unlocked another slot so it must be 5.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: May 08, 2011, 12:53:19 AM »
I believe it is 20 fame and 5 medals as I didn't have access to a 5th noble until my fame was boosted, somehow, to 20 points.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Amandil

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: May 16, 2011, 06:52:16 PM »
Well, how about this? My character limits don't seem to match up with what I've seen in this thread.

Family Fame: 20
Medals: None
Donate: No
Character limits: 10 total, 4 active, 4 nobles

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: May 16, 2011, 09:02:26 PM »
Well, how about this? My character limits don't seem to match up with what I've seen in this thread.

Family Fame: 20
Medals: None
Donate: No
Character limits: 10 total, 4 active, 4 nobles

Length of playing also contributes. I remember hearing it was around 3 years, but definitely not more than 4.