Author Topic: Terran trials  (Read 71044 times)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Terran trials
« Reply #15: August 17, 2012, 06:05:50 PM »
Hireshmont also has a charming disposition. And the ability to pick the next Magistrate of Justice if he wants to. And the support of no small number of nobles.

And the fact that nobody doubts Erasmus' guilt now, and you've quite publicly admitted to at least being associated.

Which the extent of that association will be completely disclosed in my evidence. If anything, I think this helped me, not hurt me. Judges are elected. If the election does not run it's course, people will begin wondering about you...

Also, Hireshmont has gone crazier than Glaumring on this. For real.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 17, 2012, 06:10:54 PM »
Crazier than Glaumring? Is that even possible? That's like saying Charlie Sheen has been calm and sensible all his life.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 17, 2012, 06:15:41 PM »
Which the extent of that association will be completely disclosed in my evidence. If anything, I think this helped me, not hurt me. Judges are elected. If the election does not run it's course, people will begin wondering about you...

Also, Hireshmont has gone crazier than Glaumring on this. For real.

Judges are elected because Hireshmont says they are elected.

Hireshmont has been tracking Erasmus for months; Shino only came up on his radar within the last few weeks. Erasmus' actions may help Shino. But the simple fact of the matter is that, by the time this all settles out, Hireshmont will not be in the same realm as Shino or Erasmus. Either because he's so overstepped his bounds to crush them that he is expelled, or because he's won.

No matter what, this will also be his last term as Chief Magistrate.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 17, 2012, 06:16:05 PM »
Crazier than Glaumring? Is that even possible? That's like saying Charlie Sheen has been calm and sensible all his life.

Okay, maybe not crazier. But Hireshmont is flying off the handle.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 17, 2012, 06:28:45 PM »
Update: Erasmus has not been protested out of power yet. Probably next turn. He has arrested Hireshmont and said and I quote 'I AM the Law!'

Outrage ensues. This will get interesting.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 17, 2012, 06:33:39 PM »
This is getting pretty good, and I'm not even there. Someone should definitely summarize what happened when it's all over.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 17, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »
This is getting pretty good, and I'm not even there. Someone should definitely summarize what happened when it's all over.

The way I see it, this won't end for a couple days. Erasmus will be banned, Shino will have a trial, and Alura's ban will be lifted. I am sure the Chief Magistrate is probably getting tortured by Erasmus though...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 17, 2012, 06:37:36 PM »
Best part is, if Erasmus gets protested out before Hireshmont finds a way out of prison, he has to stay there...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 17, 2012, 06:39:33 PM »
Best part is, if Erasmus gets protested out before Hireshmont finds a way out of prison, he has to stay there...

FOREVER? Dun dun... DUUUUUUUUNNNNN

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 17, 2012, 06:50:08 PM »
Orders from Erasmus La Pointe   (just in)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (26 recipients)
Nobles of Terran,

There will be no more protesting. Protest, and you will be banished. This is your last warning.

Live to Hunt, Hunt to Kill,
Erasmus La Pointe
Magistrate of Justice of Terran, Senator of Vashgew

Ooo.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: August 17, 2012, 07:11:10 PM »
LOL

THIS IS AWESOME.

There had better be a rebellion. This is the best excuse for a rebellion ever. If we miss this... bah.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: August 17, 2012, 07:14:21 PM »
LOL

THIS IS AWESOME.

There had better be a rebellion. This is the best excuse for a rebellion ever. If we miss this... bah.

Shino is rallying people to protest Erasmus. You would be so proud of him if you could see it.  :'(

Jim

« Reply #27: August 17, 2012, 07:17:17 PM »
Shino is rallying people to protest Erasmus. You would be so proud of him if you could see it.  :'(

Shino seems like the opportunistic type, like Whoopi Goldberg in the Lion King.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: August 17, 2012, 07:19:07 PM »
Shino seems like the opportunistic type, like Whoopi Goldberg in the Lion King.

Not really. He argues with high ranking officials all the time, knowing that isn't going to help him. He truly feels cheated by Erasmus. He isn't a traitor nor corrupted, but he will hurt those who are in Terran.

Jim

« Reply #29: August 17, 2012, 07:26:32 PM »
Not really. He argues with high ranking officials all the time, knowing that isn't going to help him. He truly feels cheated by Erasmus. He isn't a traitor nor corrupted, but he will hurt those who are in Terran.

Well, Erasmus is definitely like Scar, he's going to burn that !@#$ to the ground, just like Pride Rock.