Author Topic: Wounds  (Read 4283 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Wounds
« Topic Start: March 30, 2011, 05:23:14 PM »
While Preaching, I got this message:

After finishing your preachings, you are attacked by enraged followers of Church of Humanity.
You are beaten up and suffer a few light wounds before some of your followers can drag you to safety.

Yet my character is shown as Seriously Wounded. Is this a bug or unfortunate wording? My character does have a physical age of 70, but the wording strongly suggest I should be lightly wounded (And that seems to have been the case in previous instances for as far as I remember).

Zakilevo

Re: Wounds
« Reply #1: March 30, 2011, 08:29:57 PM »
maybe you were lightly wounded for an average person but due to your age those wounds became serious?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 30, 2011, 09:53:54 PM »
did you have any messages that you can't read? (no idea if wound messages can be hidden or not... i should guess not.. but you never know.)

my hero was lightly wounded after a battle.. and then was seriously wounded by an infection or some such and is still seriously wounded XD
firefox

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #3: March 30, 2011, 10:43:35 PM »
Those messages might not be very accurate. Two weeks ago my priest got seriously wounded according to the text by followers of Hemaism. The status showed lightly wounded, and he could read and send messages as usual.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 30, 2011, 11:27:42 PM »
Similar thing in PeL recently. Our last Banker was stabbed. Realm got a message that he was seriously wounded, and the infiltrator collected the bounty. In the same turn he left for BT. Apparently the new wounding system left him with only light wounds. It would seem that the new wounding system and the old are both in play in different places.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 30, 2011, 11:37:53 PM »
Similar thing in PeL recently. Our last Banker was stabbed. Realm got a message that he was seriously wounded, and the infiltrator collected the bounty. In the same turn he left for BT. Apparently the new wounding system left him with only light wounds. It would seem that the new wounding system and the old are both in play in different places.

I actually saw the infil's message on that one.  There was extra text after the "put him down for good" part, something like "you see him start walking as you escape" indicating he insta-healed from serious to healing.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 30, 2011, 11:53:27 PM »
I didn't know that could happen except for new player protection.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 31, 2011, 02:29:26 AM »
Similar thing happened to a 71-year-old priest on the East Island:

Rumours of a Miracle   (6 days, 16 hours ago)
Rumours arrive speaking of a miraculous revival of Sinted Dacara, Ambassador of Ibladesh, who was declared dead by the healers and about to be prepared for funeral in the mortuary, when he suddenly woke up in front of witnesses' eyes as if nothing has ever happened, with only a few rapidly healing wounds.

Is that a religion-based thing? I have no idea how he was "killed" in the first place, either.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 31, 2011, 02:38:34 AM »
I actually saw the infil's message on that one.  There was extra text after the "put him down for good" part, something like "you see him start walking as you escape" indicating he insta-healed from serious to healing.

Not insta-healed; just wasn't as badly injured as he thought.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 31, 2011, 02:43:59 AM »
Not insta-healed; just wasn't as badly injured as he thought.

Then perhaps there's something wrong with the position code?  He got removed from Bankership by reason of serious wound.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 31, 2011, 04:01:11 AM »
Perhaps the removal of the position, like the bounty is generated off the first "rumour" of severity? In that case it could be said to be working as expected and he can burst into the room "Haha the rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated, and can I have my job back?"