Author Topic: How patient should I be?  (Read 18093 times)

Oberyn Thrace

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: How patient should I be?
« Reply #15: August 19, 2012, 05:36:02 PM »
Wow...thanks for all the replies and tips!!  :)

I was a bit worried that BM was in a bit of a lull and that I'd need to temper my optimism but it appears that I was premature in my evaluation.

I'll look at the continents and realms mentioned - thanks again!!

PS- I was contacted by a representative of my realm a short time ago so I'm moving forward.   :)   

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 19, 2012, 05:55:10 PM »
I just started a charater in Westmoor, and was surprised to be welcomed by their Ruler, General, and another noble, all within 24 hours. They are sort of at war though.

Edit: as a heads-up, things do seem to slow down a bit over weekends. People aren't avoiding doing their jobs any more  ;D :o
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:56:42 PM by Bael »

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 19, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »
Greetings all,

I joined a few days ago and chose Atamara and the Darka realm. 

Heh, join Ohnar West on FEI, my character would be pleased to play mentor. We profit from having two treacherous (and big) neighbours, and a tricky geopolitical situation, and a new religion thats taking off. Whatever happens, fun times guaranteed. Being in a small realm with a few nobles will be a whole different experience from a large realm like Darka.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 19, 2012, 06:36:55 PM »
It should be noted that in Ohnar West, they tend to define things a bit backward. When they sy their neighbors are "treacherous", what they mean is "our big neighbors are honorable and trustworthy, but we love to backstab, and ignore and break treaties".
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 19, 2012, 06:40:49 PM »
Well, to be fair, Ohnar never did much backstabbing. Not recently, anyway. The former Arcachonians that have taken over the realm now, though...

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #20: August 19, 2012, 06:41:40 PM »
I just started a charater in Westmoor, and was surprised to be welcomed by their Ruler, General, and another noble, all within 24 hours. They are sort of at war though.

Edit: as a heads-up, things do seem to slow down a bit over weekends. People aren't avoiding doing their jobs any more  ;D :o
As the ruler of Westmoor, I can honestly say that I ALWAYS message new members no matter the current state of the game.  I actually tend to do so on all characters I have.  Believe the player of the Foxglove family (Westmoor's General) tends to as well.  Only time I miss doing so is if I check at work and, well, forget to by the time I have a chance to write!

Generally, I believe the 48 hour rule is being too nice when it comes to expecting a response.  There's no reason not a single person shouldn't greet you before then.  While this is a lightweight game, it's not like EVERYONE is not logging in for two days.  lol

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 19, 2012, 06:50:48 PM »
Ohnar West under Me'ho Chang'a'rang engaged in quite a few plots, lies, betrayals, and violations of treaties.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 19, 2012, 06:52:38 PM »
Eh, I always counted him as an honourary former Arcachonian. He acted pretty much exactly the same as that core group.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 19, 2012, 07:45:46 PM »
Well, to be fair, Ohnar never did much backstabbing. Not recently, anyway. The former Arcachonians that have taken over the realm now, though...

We never quite managed to backstab you. We were way too busy backstabbing ourselves.  ;D
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 19, 2012, 08:18:07 PM »
It should be noted that in Ohnar West, they tend to define things a bit backward. When they sy their neighbors are "treacherous", what they mean is "our big neighbors are honorable and trustworthy, but we love to backstab, and ignore and break treaties".

Heh. Sorraine/Sartanism has been trying to lynch our priests for a month now, and have just been itching to gobble up Ohnar for ages. (And now we hear Caspius murdered Adgharins in Ozrat!) We've been labeled "grotesque", "traitors", "scoundrels", "heathens", and our nobles didn't even have passage through Sorraine till very recently (essentially locking us into Ohnarian territory, as Arcaea refuses us passage as well). And Ohnar is accused of violating treaties with Sorraine.

As for Arcaea, where does one even begin... Tore up the Arcaea-Ohnar Compact, tore up the peace treaty with Arcachon (when the ink had hardly dried), ignored his ally Ohnar when she was getting her ass handed to her by Arcachon, abandoned her for Toupellon, later threatened her with war because two nobles went monster hunting on the dark isle... Arcaea is just an opportunistic schoolyard bully and Sorraine the henchman. And we're the dishonourable ones  ::)

What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: August 19, 2012, 08:29:59 PM »
Heh. Sorraine/Sartanism has been trying to lynch our priests for a month now
Except that this requires a declaration of war with OW, which we don't have. So no, no one has been trying to lynch your priests at all.

, and have just been itching to gobble up Ohnar for ages.
...OK. Guilty on that one. ;)

And Ohnar is accused of violating treaties with Sorraine.
Of course you have been accused of it. It's true! You did! Me'Ho Chang'a'rang violated at least two or three agreements between OW and Sorraine, and continually plotted more.

abandoned her for Toupellon,
That's not true at all. Ohnar West's ruler endorsed the secession/realignment of the three Ohnarian duchies to Toupellon. You can't claim that Arcaea abandoned OW when OW's own ruler said "No, that's OK. We're cool with what happened. Don't worry about it."

later threatened her with war because two nobles went monster hunting on the dark isle
I don't know that story, but I have not doubt it's a ridiculously exaggerated piece of ex-Arcachonian propaganda. ::)

we're the dishonourable ones
See? I knew you'd eventually admit it.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: August 19, 2012, 08:38:18 PM »
You do keep banging on about that peace treaty, Lefanis, conveniently ignoring the fact that you broke the initial treaty by sending an assassin after our nobles in peacetime. Raped peasants, burnt food, executed and tortured our nobles, executed your own nobles, repeatedly rebelled (five times, was it?) against your legitimately elected ruler...need I go on? Did you never stop to consider why no one came to help you in the end, even though Zonasa and Aenilia hated Arcaea? Because even they didn't want to be associated with Arcachon. The same reason no one came to help Arcachon Jr when Sorraine attacked.

If we were the evil bully you and Aenilia like to paint us as, we'd have destroyed Ohnar already. We've certainly got enough reason to, and I'd be surprised if anyone came to your aid.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: August 19, 2012, 09:16:09 PM »
Except that this requires a declaration of war with OW, which we don't have. So no, no one has been trying to lynch your priests at all.

Well, all it takes is for Sartanism to declare us as evil for the mobs to come after us. I spent too much time in the sick bed last few weeks...  ;)

You do keep banging on about that peace treaty, Lefanis, conveniently ignoring the fact that you broke the initial treaty by sending an assassin after our nobles in peacetime.

Why wouldn't I bang on about it? We banned 5 nobles and another committed ritual suicide to honor our end of the bargain, only to get backstabbed- if we hadn't banned them, you'd have attacked us anyway, claiming we didn't keep our word, and and even when we did, we got turned on with some lame excuse. Conceding (but not accepting) Arcachon as dishonourable realm which doesn't keep its word, Arcaea still  doesn't come out looking honorable or trustworthy out of something like that.

The assassin you speak of was caught and executed by Arcaea.

Raped peasants, burnt food, executed and tortured our nobles,

Since Octavio, rapings and killings were outlawed. We banned 2 nobles due to a couple of rogue incidents, which you surely know of. And of course we executed repeat offenders... And since when was execution a problem in Arcaea? They certainly didn't think twice about executing Herumen, the aforementioned Arcachonian infiltrator. Certainly different standards don't apply  ::)

executed your own nobles, repeatedly rebelled (five times, was it?) against your legitimately elected ruler...

Ha. I'm sure you know the circumstances surrounding those events. And that aside, it's funny that you'd use that to paint us in a bad light, considering that your superspy admitted to trying to instigating and extending the civil war and on one occasion called for the rebellion himself. Again the double standard- something an Arcaean hero did doesn't count as dishonesty or treachery, but his actions can and will be used to discredit all Arcachonians.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: August 19, 2012, 09:43:14 PM »
Why wouldn't I bang on about it? We banned 5 nobles and another committed ritual suicide to honor our end of the bargain, only to get backstabbed- if we hadn't banned them, you'd have attacked us anyway, claiming we didn't keep our word, and and even when we did, we got turned on with some lame excuse. Conceding (but not accepting) Arcachon as dishonourable realm which doesn't keep its word, Arcaea still  doesn't come out looking honorable or trustworthy out of something like that.

You'd already broken one peace treaty. Why would we trust you to keep to another? And don't exaggerate. You didn't get backstabbed. We publicly ended the treaty (and it's arguable whether there even was a treaty, given no one in Arcaea, not even Jenred, signed anything) before we declared war. If you consider being told to your face, in the presence of other rulers, that we're declaring the treaty void and going to declare war for your crimes to be backstabbing, you've got a pretty wide definition of the term.

The assassin you speak of was caught and executed by Arcaea.

...and? That somehow excuses Arcachon for his crimes?

Since Octavio, rapings and killings were outlawed. We banned 2 nobles due to a couple of rogue incidents, which you surely know of. And of course we executed repeat offenders... And since when was execution a problem in Arcaea? They certainly didn't think twice about executing Herumen, the aforementioned Arcachonian infiltrator. Certainly different standards don't apply  ::)

We executed the one infiltrator that started the war by attacking us during peacetime. You executed several Arcaeans, and worse, you tortured pretty much any Arcaean you got your hands on. You burned any possible peaceful resolution with that.

I'm sure you know the circumstances surrounding those events. And that aside, it's funny that you'd use that to paint us in a bad light, considering that your superspy admitted to trying to instigating and extending the civil war and on one occasion called for the rebellion himself. Again the double standard- something an Arcaean hero did doesn't count as dishonesty or treachery, but his actions can and will be used to discredit all Arcachonians.

The "Arcaean hero" didn't execute his own nobles. You did, just because they were on the wrong side of the rebellion and couldn't get away quick enough. That's cold by anyone's standards.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: August 19, 2012, 10:04:19 PM »
I don't know that story, but I have not doubt it's a ridiculously exaggerated piece of ex-Arcachonian propaganda. ::)

Hah, very much so. A couple of Ohnarians crossed onto the Dark Isle after Velax made it clear to Me'hoe that he didn't want any there. Velax asked them to leave. They said sure, fine. One was quite polite and Velax had a bit of a chat with her. Threats weren't needed. Velax even told the Arcaeans in Ecsetuah to have their troops act normally rather than aggressively, so there'd be no battle when the Ohnarians passed through to go home.